Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my new HF Coil But.....

Sleepyjim

First thoughts are not all great......

First, the coil cover seems large on the thikness scale or mine is at least and thus the charging clip is maxed out to put on, not a good thing at all....

Second no dang clip or cord for charging, now maybe I didn't get one when I bought the 11" but I thought I did.....(Gettin old)

Third, and we all know this already, it is white....WHo in the heck said hey they will be in dirt, mud pasture poop, let make them white! OH and EVERYTHING else on the Dues is black so lets make them white!

LOL Ok, not I can not wait to try it out and learn it.....

Jim

A little bit of spray paint should take care of the whiteness.

I thought these coils had the battery in the lower rod and were charged differently?

Joe

depends on what its made of if the dirt will stain it or not ? guess you gunna find out soon and let us know :shrug:

AJ

DrJoeprime said:
A little bit of spray paint should take care of the whiteness.

I thought these coils had the battery in the lower rod and were charged differently?

Joe

No charge the same........

Jim

Considering the new HF coil are mainly biased towards gold detecting, they will mainly be utilised in countries with extremes of heat - something that doesn't play well with black plastics and the stability of the coil (black tends to absorb more heat), hence the move to white plastics.

None of my previous coils came with cables nor charging clips.

Goldpick said:
Considering the new HF coil are mainly biased towards gold detecting, they will mainly be utilised in countries with extremes of heat - something that doesn't play well with black plastics and the stability of the coil (black tends to absorb more heat), hence the move to white plastics.

None of my previous coils came with cables nor charging clips.

Ok I can see that, white is ok.....Just wanted to know the thinking behind it and I knew someone had a brain.........LOL

Jim

if it dosnt stain then it will be great some plastics are porous others are not lets hope they get that and it just wipes off clean and white the other reason would be if grabbing a coil people will know which one they have.

XP seem pretty switched on which is good for us..

let us know how it cleans up?

thanks.

AJ

Temperature is critical with the frequency so XP chose a white housing to reflect sunlight and avoid heat issues.

yeah I think we got that, although a lot of PI coils are black , but anyway what we need to know now does it stain or does it wipe clean?

cheers for the help.

AJ