Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got my racer today

tinusbum

supposed to rain tomorrow so i will look for some tutorials and probably get to hunt for an hour or two sun.

Pirate Pig said:
Congrats, and good luck!

thank you,i got the standard package and have ordered the 5x10 coil but now i'm wondering if i should
have ordered the small coil instead,since everyone seems to have good things to say about it.

If I were limited to one and only one coil for the Racer, it would be the small 'OOR' coil because that slightly out-of-round 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD coil gets such wonderful depth while still providing excellent in-the-field performance and target separation. That said, the 5½X10 is mounted on my 2nd Racer, and I have their stock 7X11 and large 13.[size=small]3[/size]X15.[size=small]5[/size] coils also mounted on their own rods and ready when called upon. Getting the coil you ordered is certainly not a bad idea. Adding the little guy, however, could be the best idea ever in the way of coil selection. :thumbup:

Monte

That small coil is the reason I bought a racer. I am chomping at the bit to get to an abandoned town not far from here. It is mud season here and the roads are closed. Can't wait and sure hope this machine lives up to the hype. I had an E trac but it sucked in trashy iron. Whites Vx3 only slightly better. Tesoro Outlaw did OK but I hope the racer will be the ticket.

With the small coil you will still dig trash but you can stear through the iron and trash and find masked targets...no need to have the gain up too high try it at about 35-55 to start