Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got My Scorp!

Flying4Nuggets

I got a new Scorp that I bought from 'Mr.Bill' just today!

I have ZERO MD experience, but already found some treasure with my young son today on our land and he loved it (a very small staple, a nail, and half a small rusted washer).

We live in rural Colorado on some land thats close to the state's bigger gold mines. Sort of gets the mind going...

So much to learn... Motion DC or All Metal Mode? Is there special tuning for gold or use all metal? I know it will all come in time, and with help from the folks here, but can't wait.

One last thing. Mr. Bill is a Stand Up Guy. Saved my family some serious money and then some. Everything was just like he said.

What

Colorado is a little short on large nuggets like the find in AZ. Calif. and Nv. but they have there fair share
of small ones. Just remember to go LOW AND SLOW! Also check the depth of the ground you are hunting
down to bedrock. Any detector can only see only so far down so you need to keep your coil over ground
that it can see the full depth to bedrock. Yea' you "CAN" find Gold in ground that is way deep to bedrock but
it will be rare. Maybe some place that just had a landslide or flood but for the very best chance of finding
Gold with a detector you need to work it over shallow ground. With the Scorpion and its 5x10 coil that means
12" will be about max for the normal size nuggets that are found in Colo. With the 3x5 coil this will be less,
maybe 8". Hunt with the odds in your favor and you will find more Gold!

HH