Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my simplex yesterday and on my birthday!

Hank68

I have used it today., it is a deep machine in all metal mode. I really like it , it's a loud machine forsure, HHHANK

Best of luck with your new machine!

Thanks I really like it. Heck of a machine

Glad to hear you enjoy the Simplex Plus oh, I know I really do. Now it's time for a birthday wish. Just two months and 8 days and what I want for my birthday are small coils for the Simplex Plus.

There's a WTHO coming up that I need to head out for about May 29th. I'd like to be able to show off the capability of the Simplex Plus, along with my CoRe, Relic and Impact, but all six ghost towns have an ample supply of trash where small coils are a must-have.

Monte

It will be even better when the smaller coil comes out.:) Jerry.
That would be great to get a small coil. HHHANK

Glad to hear you enjoy the Simplex Plus oh, I know I really do. Now it's time for a birthday wish. Just two months and 8 days and what I want for my birthday are small coils for the Simplex Plus.

There's a WTHO coming up that I need to head out for about May 29th. I'd like to be able to show off the capability of the Simplex Plus, along with my CoRe, Relic and Impact, but all six ghost towns have an ample supply of trash where small coils are a must-have.

Monte
Thanks Monte, yeah I'm with ya on the smaller coil options. its probably the most responsive machine I've used, I know you'll be counting the days down lol, HHHANK

Has anyone seen a backpack suitable to carry the Amfibio? I don't want a universal crap bag but I would like a bag capable of carrying my MD and a few coils. I have some places that require some climbing, just hills, and I wold like to find a safe way to carry.

Has anyone seen a backpack suitable to carry the Amfibio? I don't want a universal crap bag but I would like a bag capable of carrying my MD and a few coils. I have some places that require some climbing, just hills, and I wold like to find a safe way to carry.
Good question , I would like to know myself.

Still looking. I'm considering a 40 or 50L backpack. With this type of container I could hot gun glue some straps with velcro to the inside and secure MD, shaft, and coils. Self-inflating camper pillows may be added to help protect MD. A larger pack's size may be managed by cynch straps to secure MD after pack is loaded. Just bouncing some ideas around. I will add the results here when first pack arrives and I get it modified.

So, I've had mine two days. This is the best Self Quarantine tool ever! I sleep with "fibber" by my bed. As I learn the system paths, I've learned more about MD's than I thought I would. A very good teaching tool. I've been practicing mode changes to ID targets but I still have a ways to go. The depth has been killing me, this machine will go deep if you let it. Today, I dug a pull-can ring at about 13". Practice is a large part of using this machine. I don't think it will let me get bored, but if it does, there are lots of coils, ha, ha. I might have to pick up a PulseDive now. Having MD and PP both pared to my ears sounds like fun. Hope you had a great and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So, I've had mine two days. This is the best Self Quarantine tool ever! I sleep with "fibber" by my bed. As I learn the system paths, I've learned more about MD's than I thought I would. A very good teaching tool. I've been practicing mode changes to ID targets but I still have a ways to go. The depth has been killing me, this machine will go deep if you let it. Today, I dug a pull-can ring at about 13". Practice is a large part of using this machine. I don't think it will let me get bored, but if it does, there are lots of coils, ha, ha. I might have to pick up a PulseDive now. Having MD and PP both pared to my ears sounds like fun. Hope you had a great and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Thank you very much, yep best quarantine tool available, I'm out in the fields or woods , no one around .

I’ve thought about checking military surplus for a decent bag for packing a detector or larger relics never have though

Good question , I would like to know myself.
I ordered a 55L backpack that I will try to customize for the Anfibio. Now comes the scary part, it's 20" max. inside size and the middle tube is about 22" total length. This middle tube is available at 35 bucks so I'm considering cutting 2" off the open end of this tube. Replaceable if I have any regrets. I'm under 6' tall so I don't think it will make a difference in function. The pack I've ordered has separate 2L side pouches and a 7L pouch for tools or snacks. I'll post photos and contact points as build progresses.

I ordered a 55L backpack that I will try to customize for the Anfibio. Now comes the scary part, it's 20" max. inside size and the middle tube is about 22" total length. This middle tube is available at 35 bucks so I'm considering cutting 2" off the open end of this tube. Replaceable if I have any regrets. I'm under 6' tall so I don't think it will make a difference in function. The pack I've ordered has separate 2L side pouches and a 7L pouch for tools or snacks. I'll post photos and contact points as build progresses.
Thanks for the the information, , make sure to post a picture, HHHANK

You guys may want to look for a lacrosse sport equipment bag.
They work great for detecting gear.

Thanks for the the information, , make sure to post a picture, HHHANK
Here's my kit. While everything would fit in this bag, with room to spare, the middle shaft was a little too long and caused stress to the top and bottom of bag so I cut 2" off the middle shaft. Although this sounds spooky, this shaft is much longer than needed for my under 6 foot frame, so it now fits and functions great. If you mess it up, a new middle shaft runs about $35 from EBay. This bag costs around $20 from this seller:

The bag can be configured so it's slim and not a problem when hiking in bushes and limbs. It
IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG

comes with two pouches, these are big enough for my wireless earphones, and a separate bag that can be used over the shoulder or as a belt and is big enough for tools or snacks.
Yes, It's an inexpensive backpack but very versatile. Since I don't plan on hiking the Matterhorn, mostly used to carry detector to and from car, this backpack does great.
In the second pic you'll notice a blue pad. That is a self inflating REDCAMP camp pillow for comfort and protection.

Here's my kit. While everything would fit in this bag, with room to spare, the middle shaft was a little too long and caused stress to the top and bottom of bag so I cut 2" off the middle shaft. Although this sounds spooky, this shaft is much longer than needed for my under 6 foot frame, so it now fits and functions great. If you mess it up, a new middle shaft runs about $35 from EBay. This bag costs around $20 from this seller:

The bag can be configured so it's slim and not a problem when hiking in bushes and limbs. It
View attachment 2122View attachment 2123
comes with two pouches, these are big enough for my wireless earphones, and a separate bag that can be used over the shoulder or as a belt and is big enough for tools or snacks.
Yes, It's an inexpensive backpack but very versatile. Since I don't plan on hiking the Matterhorn, mostly used to carry detector to and from car, this backpack does great.
In the second pic you'll notice a blue pad. That is a self inflating REDCAMP camp pillow for comfort and protection.
You did a great job and kept at it. know your ready to hit the trail, looks cool , congrats HHHANK