Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out for first time in over 10 years

Looks like you still got it, even after a 10 year break! Congrats on your finds and getting back out there!

It's also been 10 years since my last hunt. Glad you got out there. I'm entertaining getting a used E-trac and heading out myself. But I heard Minelab no longer supports the E-trac. If it's true, I worry I may spend hundreds of dollars on a detector that becomes the world's most expensive paperweight when it craps out. I may take a risk on a used one. However, I'm also considering the new XP Deus II, which is a lightweight, multi-frequency detector. Or...I may just wait on Minelab to come out with a new E-trac upgrade or a lighter weight CTX 3030. Tough decision! Anyway, glad you're back in the hunt. Happy Hunting
Thank you and the same to you...no thought of an Equinox?

Well I think I over did it... I am one of those people that can become obsessed... I even would keep a flashlight on me and just start detecting at night time. I actually started planning events and where I was going and timing it out so I could detect for a while... In a very heavy foot traffic area...so no relics but a ton of clad.... So I set my goal on 10,000 coins and did not stop till I hit it... when I did Whites included me and a picture in their finds area a few times ...was nice as they gave me batteries, scoops and so on...but after that I hit a brick wall... I purchased an explorer and it was deeper and better at a different style of hunting... still have them both...I need to slow down and either use the explorer more or I might be on the verge of buying an equinox... but I just keep reading about the ears on the coils breakingand under the armrest cracking in half... I have a great deal lined but the more I read on the forums the more I see people selling them too... also the sealed battery is an issue for me and if anyone knows the cost to replace... I detect for a hobby but for some odd reason I am not happy till the detector pays for itself...
I Prefer hunting at night.
I wear a reflective vest
Hardhat with led light with a red function and strobe function in case I get hurt.
Also carry a Bear spray for two legged critters.
Cops CK me out
No problem
And unless their busy
Actually keep an eye on me and sometimes get involved
Especially the park Rangers
Gotta luv their dedication. 🤔😊

Yupi took a Hard fall today on asphalt
Fractured left elbow
Pulled muscles pretty much head to toe.
🙁🙁🙁
That is terrible. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery, I had foot surgery about a year and a half ago, had therapy thought it would never end but helped. Well keep everyone updated...really bad news...

That is terrible. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery, I had foot surgery about a year and a half ago, had therapy thought it would never end but helped. Well keep everyone updated...really bad news...
Thanks Greg
Having the usual impossibility going to sleep.
Muscle relaxers just ain't cutting it.
Fun getting younger every day.
Take Care man.
😆😁

Thank you and the same to you...no thought of an Equinox?
I've never owned an Equinox. My impression is it is a detector purposely designed to have lesser capabilities and features than the E-trac and CTX 3030. However it is not a heavy machine like they are. Right now, it appears the XP Deus II may be a more capable detector. I may wait to see what Minelab comes up with next. It's time for an improved performance flagship detector that is light like the new Deus II.

Welcome back to the addiction DFX and Ohio Dan. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Equinox. I just sold an etrac and bought a 600 last week. I dont feel like I downgraded. The complaints about the Nox build quality are things that can be remedied or replaced rather cheaply. I think alot of people are selling their Nox to get money to buy the new deus 2 or even the Nokta Legend. I dont think they are selling because of performance issues. Good luck with your decision and again, welcome back.

I've never owned an Equinox. My impression is it is a detector purposely designed to have lesser capabilities and features than the E-trac and CTX 3030. However it is not a heavy machine like they are. Right now, it appears the XP Deus II may be a more capable detector. I may wait to see what Minelab comes up with next. It's time for an improved performance flagship detector that is light like the new Deus II.
The thing with the Deux and the ctx 3030 is cost... and not a matter if someone can afford or not. I can but thoughts on setting a limit on cost... I think anyone that is active in the hobby should have 2 detectors or more... but also 2 within a reasonable range... I think my limit is in the under 1000 range... think I brought the DFX so long ago I do not remember. But back in the day lol... about 14 years ago I remember wanting to buy from a forum member and paid $850 for the explorer se... both paid for themself as did my old coinmaster 6000di... but I am swinging with older arms and back now... lol.. just kind of a goal I set... a few quick rings can solve that headache though!

Welcome back to the addiction DFX and Ohio Dan. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Equinox. I just sold an etrac and bought a 600 last week. I dont feel like I downgraded. The complaints about the Nox build quality are things that can be remedied or replaced rather cheaply. I think alot of people are selling their Nox to get money to buy the new deus 2 or even the Nokta Legend. I dont think they are selling because of performance issues. Good luck with your decision and again, welcome back.
PDH thanks for feedback on equinox... going to be very hard for me to resist... I was going to watch a review on the Nokta Legend... on utube tonight...