Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out to the old school again

thump7

Made it out to the old school with the Cortes again, last time I was there I spent 4 hours and no keepers except a few old pennies. Spent about 2 hours, Thought I would slow it down a bit and work the area (3acres) a little harder, dig some iffy signals and listen for deeper targets. Dug a small handful of trash, a bottle cap, deep washer, a few nails that were in the side of the plug.
1st digable signal was the 45 dime sitting tilted in the plug- ok signal but not a very good ID, kept bouncing into the high #'s though. Next the sterling ring @ 3" came in nice, Id at 64-66, fairly solid, if it wasn't bent up I'm sure it would have stayed at a more solid ID, The #'s came is solid enough I was pretty sure it was gonna be a ring, wasn't sure if it would be copper or silver.
Next, dug a couple pennies, one being masked by a piece of iron. Good signal/ good Id one way and zilch the other way.
Got the usual jump Nickel signal, turns out it was my 3rd tombac nickel this year at 4-5" down. Next up the 1940 dime, deepest coin today. Smooth, clean sound, I had the hole cleaned out down to 6" and no target, went a couple more inches down and it was out.
Last the 1960 dime not deep, 4" maybe, good signal, perfect id.

[attachment 318420 image.jpg]

I've been showing and telling about these tombac nickels and how they look look a loony, but when I show it to people they are somewhat unimpressed with all the red/brown patina. So I cleaned one up a bit. Pretty sure they were made of brass, not worth anything, but still neat to find.

[attachment 318421 image.jpg]

Thats some good digging ,