Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out today for my second to last hunt. Maybe?

gear box

It's Dec. 2 and it got to 51 degrees today. It might make 55 degrees tomorrow. I got out for about three hours and ended up with a few keepers. Got a 1904 and 1905 Indianhead. A few wheats and a silver Roosie. I've never been able to detect in Dec. up here until now and I might even get out tomorrow. Hope everyone else get's out a few more times before winter set's in for good.
Good luck Gary

was able to hunt pretty much all of last winter... ground never really froze......been out a few times past week or two .... ground has been a little stiff but very managable...... i like winter hunting-no bugs ,fewer people butting in your business.... as long as temps are 30 or higher and wind is calm ..... i was even able to do some lake hunting early last december with a good pair of chest waders.... i dont think this winter is going to be as friendly as last year....

Nice finds. I've been on a indian head drought for a while here so I'm hoping I pop another soon. I hunt all winter. Often even if the grass in parks is frozen the ground in the woods isn't due to the leaf cover and also because of the trees holding in the warmer air at night a bit. Love hunting the woods in the winter due to no bugs and the brush/weeds being less.

Well, I did get out again yesterday it actually got to 57 deg. thats just about unheard of here in Mn. for Dec. Unfortunately it wasn't a memorable hunt for the last one of the year, one wheat and a tiny bit of clad. Oh well I did get out. Hey Booty looks like the highs will be in the teens next week with snow coming this weekend so the ground will be frozen in no time. Critter those Indians are fun to find even though most aren't worth much, they could just as well of been silver. Ron and Maxwedge thanks, but looks for sure to be over now. Time for researching new places for next year. Good luck to everyone who can keep "plugging" away.
Gary