Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out today. If this is winter I like it. :bouncy:

MikeO

Staff member
Started out about 10am and it was chilly but, in no time we where shedding clothes as it got to above 50*
This is my kind of winter for sure.
We hit the same place we last hunted our last hunt last year.
Odd time hunting today as interference was an issue. There are no dog fences (underground) but, something was interfering with the Explorer.
I tried every channel and GB to no end and the best I could do was just simply drop the sensitivity down to 18 manual.
Anyhow nothing spectacular but, I did get a bunch of wheats oldest being a 14 and a 60 Silver Rosie.
Regardless it was nice to get out as cabin fever has began to set in.

HH everyone.
PS; I also took my sons Equinox 800 but, neither myself nor my hunting buddy seemed to think it had anything on the Explorer except weight savings.
We both feel and maybe this is because we have hunted with them since the XS came out that the Explorer line just gives a far better idea what’s in the ground.
I might also, mention neither of us have any significant time swinging it. So, take this with a grain of salt.
[attachment 371682 8BCF7AFB-F0B8-48AF-A246-4C56F690F6BD.jpeg]

I learned to smile and say “whatever works best for you” Mike. Because in the end that’s really what counts. If a person CANNOT wrap their head around an Explorer, that’s OK. If they spend the time it takes to understand it, perhaps the outcome would be different. The Explorers truly are an absolute marvel, like them or hate them. And this winter thing? I’m happy with it so far!
Good to see you got out, we need more of the “Mike and Mike Show” to really inspire those guys who are taking that baby step into an Explorer of some kind. It’s ALOT easier to progress with one when the new operator has input and someone to bounce stuff off of. In this day and age with the conditions we have and the depth of some of these remaining coins...if you want ANY action at all, the Explorers can provide that, with some time on them. Once you “get it”....it really is an unbelievable feeling of pure invincibility.

IDXMonster said:
Once you “get it”....it really is an unbelievable feeling of pure invincibility"

Lol... truer words were never spoken.....it's like, take me you favorite dead spot and get the hell outta the way brother, there's a Minelab in town.

I look for the places other's have given up on....

Glad to see you got out Mike. I'm also loving this winter weather. I also got out last week when the weather actually got up in to the 60s last week here in Ohio. Didn't find too much other than some clad and a few wheaties, but it was nice to get out and detecting in January.