Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out twice in between thunderstorms today with the CoRe....

JFlynn

It's only a little over 6 miles to where my bunch has hunted for quite a while over the years, the ghetto. Last time I was out I ran the disc up on the CoRe to 82 and dug everything above that. Worked good too. The first time today I was out I actually turned the machine on and hit one target and it started pouring down rain, didn't even get to dig it. I mean it RAINED for a while. A little while ago the radar showed the rain several counties over so I headed out again. On the way it got black from the clouds but gave me about 30 minutes before it started again. Ran the machine this time in DI2 and watched the TID. Immediately started digging bottlecaps, 5 of them and a couple of pennies per there wasn't any nuance to the audio just decent numbers. About 15 minutes of that and back to DI3 and stock settings and GB'ed at 65 again. Very telling was this is where I've dug all the coins in DI3 that all the other machines we've hunted with have been over and didn't see. Lot's of metal in the ground all around. Proceeded over the next 15 or so minutes to dig this little bit of stuff in the picture. After a couple of minutes ran the sensitivity up to 95 and carried on. I love my Racer but I'm crazy about the CoRe. It bammed out this little bit in the trash. This time with the stock coil going very slow. Amazing how it can pick out a conductive target. I'll be back in the morning if it isn't raining. Got a nice little 56 TID in there too. It's hard to realize just how good these machines isolate targets. Gotta love street corners.

I had many machines over 30 years and I too really like the CoRe. I'm a relic hunter but but usually take out a machine to test in a school or kiddie park just to see what it'll do. I haven't been in the woods yet but the school I hit the other day I pulled about 10 quarters and 11 nickels and forgot how many dimes and pennies. It sure plucks nickels out. I'm loving it so far. Picked up a Deteknix Xpointer and got some interference with it and Cores but shifted to Freq 4 or 5 and it stopped. Default on the Cores is 3.

Nice good to see she is performing for you JFlynn.

I have the same pinpointer and run the same freq with it Knack. I got my 5"dd today right before work I am going to give it a test run this morning in a real trashy yard, wish me luck.

Lets us know how you do with the 5". I'm looking at other coil options too. Very happy with the stock 7x11. That 5" I'd imagine it'd be killer in trash.

I just purchased the Core and I am very impressed thus far. I too, have the X-pointer and noticed the interference with the 11" coil but not so much with the 5" coil. Love the 5" coil. Feels funny swinging that little thing but man does it hit hard. Here are my finds from my first hunt...

[attachment 318307 photo15.JPG]

No silver yet but just a matter of time. Gonna have to find a new home for my X-Terra 70 now to make room for the Core...she's a keeper!

Dean

I was looking hard at the 705 until I saw the Core then it was an easy decision for me. Congrats on the finds and the new detector.

greaser said:
I was looking hard at the 705 until I saw the Core then it was an easy decision for me. Congrats on the finds and the new detector.

Thanks, greaser.
I think you made a great decision. The X-Terra is a very good detector and I've enjoyed much success with mine but I was due for something new and wanted something different. Very happy thus far. I just have too many machines at this time so I need to thin the herd. Also, very impressed with the X-pointer.