Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got permission to hunt a razed homesite :-)

CZconnoisseur

Got out yesterday only for about 1.5 -2 hours and got permission to hunt a house in our neighborhood that was demolished by a monster tree last summer. This house was built around 1940 or so, and I got the usual from the landowner "You're only gonna find some nails...the bulldozer really scraped the lot well you you're probably wasting your time!"

I replied with my usual "You never know until you try it out" and began searching. Found a few copper memorials to start with, then I found bits of aluminum siding next to where the chimney used to be - a crew must have done all the trimming at that point since I located several pieces of aluminum scraps in a small area. I dug a lot of coins this trip out from underneath nails, and I was running Andy's "High Performance" coin program again

It wasn't until the end of the hunt where I started to make my way around the backyard that the good targets started rolling in. The Indian figure turns out to be a Manoil hollow cast-lead figurine - these weren't for children to play with, rather they were often displayed in curio cabinets and came with a set. It rang up at "90" in 8kHz and was about 8" deep...loud and clear. The Merc was easy pickins - at 3" down, and the deepest coin was a 9" memorial penny which again, was loud and clear! The butterfly broach is unfortunately junk, but rang up at "40" - I really thought I'd found my first gold with Deus, but NOT YET!

May take a slight break from the fairgrounds and hunt this homesite a few more times - I'd need about 12-15 hours of solid hunting to cover the entire area, which is only about 50' X 90' - some of that being concrete. It's hard to beleive there are so many things not even a mile from my house...just waiting to be discovered!

Great hunt..
Go back and find the rest of that set and silver...
Congrats

HH