Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got permission!

Idxpro

So I'm heading down a back road this morning and I see an excavator with the name of a company who happen to know real well just sitting there with its bucket and grapple thumb. Its sitting between two abandoned 1700's farm houses. I call my buddy who owns the machine and he tells me who the owner if the property is. It happens to be my Landlord if the commercialbuilding of my shop!!!! He gives me two thumbs up! One of the homes has a huge tree in the back with an old swing still hanging. Its frozen but the homes come down this Thursday so I will hit it tomorrow. I will post lots of pics. Will it bethe outlaw, the idx, the f2; or compadre??? Decisions decisions.....

IDX Pro,

If I were you and had frozen ground to deal with, I'd wait for a thaw. But, if you only have a limited time of opportunity, take a pick axe and a TID machine.

copadree to start, = I wish i had such a nice spot to hunt , all kinds of possibilities on that one, maybe a can of gold coins like the ones found in CA ,

Sounds like a great spot ! dont worry about the pick just get your buddy in that excavator to tear it up.

I know this is a Tesoro forum but it will be the Idx and the F2 for tomorrows hunt. There is alot of junk around and i only have one shot. Not that the Tesoros wont due, i'm just not that good with them just yet. My confidence is better with my Idx. The f2 notch will also come in handy for some common trash. There were a bunch of scrappers there today pulling anything they could from this place so im sure lots of small junk everywhere. In the back of one of the homes, the excavator has pulled the top layer of lume away from the house and just sort of left it in a row like a snow windrow. Man it looks soooo promising. These two homes sit on a street called richmond st. About 1,000 feet away is a graveyard discovered 9 years ago from the Richmo d family of the 1700's. Its crazy they only discovered these graves recently. My point is the history in that area is promising. Im sitting here itching to go!! Im like a crack addict...lol.. Speaking of crack addicts, 29 days smoke free!! pack anda half a day for nearly 22 years and i feel great guys.

Congratulations !! Talk about hitting it right , you are one lucky guy and obviously well liked by the people who know you . Good luck and I'm looking forward to all the good stuff you may find ( even the not so good stuff too ).:thumbup:

Here is a link to the cemetery article ...... http://www.richmondancestry.org/richmondcemetery.shtml

We have about 18" of frost right now so a little concerned about how well the hunt will go....fingers crossed...

I cant wait to see some pics of all the great finds !nothin that old out west , but we got the gold

congratulations on 29 smoke free days. That is awesome!!!! Never look back. Good luck on the hunt.

Great job on that smoking. We all know it is bad. The BEST of luck on your hunt. I think you are going to need a jack hammer. Try to hunt the dug up dirt too... KEN , IND.

Good luck on the hunt. Best of luck on the smoking.
I smoked for 24 years. Got hypnotized one night on a lark. Haven't smoked now since 1991.
You can do it.

Well guys, digging today was just terrible. Broke my new shovel 1/2 hour into my hunt. Pick axe was better but still was tough. You had to be very selective for the effort involved. Managed a couple wheats, a merc, a cool flat button, a bunch of watchamacallits, and something very neat. If anyone clicked on the link to se the history of the Richmond family, you'll know why it was a neat find. I found a homemade envelope hand written "Jonathan Richmond Taunton Ma" with and old washington stamp and a wax seal! This was in a pile of papers behind the home. This was the Richmonds home. How cool is that? A little search claims the stamp to be between 1847 and 1861. Pics are on my phone and I need to somehow compress them to upload.

I figured you would find a Chain Cent or a 1793 Flowing hair largie or even a GW inaugural button. I bet there are some goodies there of that magnatude if you had enough time there. Keep at it if you can. That Washington postage stamp should be worth some bucks, even old papers with some historic signatures on them, like Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin etc. are worth the bucks. I just wish I could hunt around some of that ground with that kind of historic provenance. Good luck at it:thumbup:

Well clicked on that link but my anti virus program stopped it says it is a malious site not sure but I did not take a chance . anyway keep searching got to be some cool finds there

I had to link to a quick video on youtube. Having issues uploading the pics..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXjzoVWDAA

that stamp is a cool historical find , and you saved the history , Good Job, I know about digging in frozen dirt , its just like stone, thats why i said I would use the compadre as the 1st 4" may be soft

Hey Gun, I just got permission to go into the attic and take anything I want! I just found a hand written letter to Jonathan Richmond dated 1851! It's from the M.M.B. Association in Boston Ma. Not sure what that is but it's a keeper. This place is a time capsule. The Richmond family was one of the first settlers from England to establish here in Taunton!!! It's in the Historical Societies Book of Taunton. The demo guys said they threw away "piles" of books and papers from the 1800's to the landfill!! Why would anyone do that?

they may have thrown away some very historic documents worth millions, keep looking find an abe signature and you could buy that property, how could they throw that in the land fill . real possibility something valuable was just tossed, look oboe the door jams for coins , you got your work cut out for you ,