Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got the Anfibio Out in the Iron Today...Wow!

cjc

Finally a thaw here had a chance to run this detector in the iron at some old sites. Very impressed with the new coil --makes the machine considerably deeper than even the Impact and Kruzer. Superb audio as well--I can really hear everything in the ground--set at disc zero the heavy iron areas become obvious telling me where to buzz around for masked targets. Or I can just jump it up to 4 or 5 to knock the spikes out. With this detector I can hear anything non-ferrous mixed in really well. The 3 Tone mode is also great--it's speeds up the response to bring up even more signals from these worst sections. Never really felt the need for a pinpointer but with the way this machine gets down into the spikes I will need one now. Really liked the overall performance of this detector and will be out there again heading for the worst sections soon as it warms up a bit. I've a lot to learn with this machine but can see by its basic operating characteristics and tons of power that with some practice tuning and using the disc features that it will be unstoppable at the old sites. cjc

From the most pounded section I know--just as hoped very nice audio and power on the Anfibio--best in-iron performer I've seen.The new coil also makes a huge difference.
cjc

Nice silver dime ! Did you use a concentric coil with it ?

What does the visual ID look like when you hit our steel core quarters ?

Stock ANF coil that's plenty--really like it.
The quarters vary depends how bleached out they are....
Ideally up over 90.
cjc

Great to hear these kinds of reviews from experienced users. Thanks for sharing, I’m gonna give some of these tips a try,

In looking for silver what I like about this machine is that as you adjust the high tone break there's a nice high tone that comes in initially but then drops out if the signal is below your setting. So you are still getting stuff in close to iron but can use the coil to tell what's what. You hear both ranges at once. Gotta get some more practice upping the high tone--pitch and volume. I know there's going to be a lot of silver this year. Its also shocking how many good signals are coming out of nowhere at the same sites I'd given up on.
cjc

Yup, many just don't realize the potential of the Anfibio-Multi along with its adjustments.
Really after using the AKA Berkut back a number of years ago, I got used to the multitudes of audio customization, if I remember two or three times the amount of audio adjustments more than the Anfibio. You need 6 months of learning and reading the manual 100 times to get it. The Anfibio is different, easy to adjust, easy menu with just the right amount of adjustments for audio for the perfect set-up.

Really nice how a gold ring next to a piece of wrought iron spike will pop out a low tone and a high tone.

Hi Clive,
Thanks for the report.
Hope you will find time to compile enough info for a guide book to the Anfibio like you did with the first Racer model.:clapping:
Cheers,
Drew.