Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got the Impact, but it is raining

Rick(ND)

Haven't got outside to try it yet, but I do see I need to read the owners manual over and over again like Monte says.
Open up the box and see it is in the very nice case with everything in place with Velcro, this is a very nice case and really do like it.
Laid all the part out and read the instruction on putting it together which was easy to do. I notice it really goes together very nice and parts seem to fit better than any detector I have used. I like the cable inside of the shaft and the rods are triangle shape and feel very solid. The locking of the shaft from I see have to wiggle in them at all and time will tell when I can get out with it and use it.Arm cuff to adjust is very nice too and fast too to change forward or back.
Next I had a problem trying to get the battery door open and tried everything for over 20 minutes with no luck as I could not see on mine how pushing in on the tabs and pushing up the door as it should be pulling out on the tabs and sliding up the door. I had to finally pry on the side to get it open and when I went to close it I had to side it in place and push in on the top of the door to get it to close. I must be doing something wrong don't you think?
Turned it on and thought I had a dud as it didn't turn on right away as it takes a few seconds for anything to happen, but when it did it was chattering and I had to turn down the gain to around 50 which made it better.
Waved a few coins in front of the coil to see what the tones sounded like and they sound the same, so i had to read the book a little and see it was just the mode it was in. Tried to get into the basic setting and couldn't get them and after a while I see I have to lock into one of the modes and then the cursor would go down to the basic setting. Was cussing it out a lot being I couldn't get it to do what I wanted as I wasn't doing it right, so it will take a little time to get to know it. On the 99 tones the high pitch is too high for me with my bad hearing as it almost a null for me, so I know on of the first thing I need to do is lower the tone in the 99 mode. Seen where I try all of my detectors on my bar floor which is full of nails and can hear everyone of them too and with a quarter laying on the floor among the nails it was noise, so I tried the iron volume and that made a big difference as the quarter sound came though real good. I even put the quarter on top of where a nail was as I found it in pinpoint and found it gave a very nice signal.
Like I say i have to go back to the manual and read it some more and try to understand it.
I see now why Monte said to have patience and read the manual over and over to get what this detector can do.
Can use any tips I can get to make it a little easier.

Rick

Hey Rick

I don't know if you have ever used one of the Racer's but the Impact is much better to my ears than the blendy/bleedy tones of those 2 machines. A lot less double checking of iron signals due to the more distinct sounds rather than blended tones. I have only been out once with it but hit the iron spots in a couple fields and really like the audio. Used DI3 and zero disc with sensitivity between 70 and 85. Good depth and and once used to the tones hunting heavy iron was almost a breeze. It will take a while of course to get the most out of it but my early impression is very good. Did get one signal of note that impressed me, had an iron grunt overlain with a distinct high tone, kinda like a 2 in 1 deal, but not the blendy bleedy Racer deal. The TID was 10-12 (iron) and repeatable. Down a few inches I recovered a small rusty nail another few inches down was a chunk of lead. Next time out I'm going to cover up the screen and just go for it. LOL

Tom

Your battery door.
Make sure the cloth like ribbon is not on the way,,,when closing door.

Push in on each side.

Door fits nice and secure.

Hi Rick, just a point, in the DI99 mode you can't adjust the tones. Try the DI4 mode.

"Hey Rick,

Has it stopped raining? Love to hear your thoughts in your neck of the woods?"

Des D

Oh well need to read about it more and read more post on this forum to maybe make it easier to use.

I think I got the battery door figured out now as you pull on the top side of the door out and it seems to release the little tabs and comes right off, just wonder if they may wear fast and not clip in, well time will tell.
I learn to read more as the Impact pro comes with 2 lower rods and before I got it I ordered in a extra lower shaft for the small coil so I would have it mounted and ready to go, now I will have a extra lower shaft so I may have to find a coil to put on it..

Sounds like it may get in the 50s this weekend, so if I make time I maybe able to get out and try it out.

then sell the rod to me as I have the need for one. In time, I want to also purchase extra middle rods, too, so all my extra coils are on a lower and middle rod 'set' to be quicker for coil changes.

In the meantime, read the User Manual thoroughly as it is one of the best manuals any manufacturer puts out. :thumbup: That's true for all of their devices.

Monte