Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got the new wireless headphones today

GroundHug

I did not have the original Racer wireless but had read about pairing issues. I personally did not have issues. I went through the channels 0 to 5 after plugging in the dongle and turning on the headphones, and it did not pair so I pressed the white button once, and then it paired up right away, and stayed paired.

I am not seeing any lag with these. They are smooth and nice sounding I'm not having an issue with the volume on them.

They are comfortable, BUT for me personally, I would like to see the ear cups just a little bigger. They barely fit over my ears. I am also max'd out in regards to how big I can adjust them to fit my head. They are comfortable but if my head was any bigger they just wouldn't work. So if you have a really big or wide head, you may want to give these a pass.

The other change I would like to see is metal used instead of plastic OR a bit heavier duty plastic used for the arms that hold the ear muffs. They are not cheaply made, but that would certainly improve the life. It would probably also cost more. But I think buying these I would have been willing to spend more to get that.

So if you were concerned about these not pairing or having lag, I'm not seeing that at all. They sound great with the detector. My concerns are for people with larger heads, and also you won't want to beat these real hard - if your detector looks like you drag it behind your truck on the way to hunts, I'd pass on these, or be prepared to fix them soon after you snap off one of the ear muffs.

I'm satisfied with them so far. In all fairness, these are a LOT less money than to get something comparable to what's available for the Deus, if you have to buy the WS4 and it didn't come with your detector (which I did). But to my ears, they work as well. I had been using Killer B's and those are great phones but I would say these sound even better with the Racer 2, which I "assume" is because they were made specifically for it.

Just my honest 2 wheat cents worth I hope it helps people. I paid for my phones and have no axe to grind one way or the other. Just my own personal opinions as well as facts that I discovered with my purchase.

good report GH....

saying they compare to the Deus in sound quality with no lag is what I wanted to hear....

could you measure the height and width of the 'ear hole' for us....this would at least allow for a basic 'ear size' check...

I agree that if they were just a bit too small that would be uncomfortable....

thanks...

Good report GH & thank you for taking the time to make it.-----It was encouraging to me hearing you say they sound even better on the Racer 2 than the Killer Bees as those are the h.p.'s I have been using on the Racer 2 (them & the Pro Golds).-----Question---how long is the warranty on these new h.p.'s?--------Thanks

The inside of the ear muffs are approximately 1.5" wide and 2" high.

The warranty, according the paperwork sent with it says 2 years.

GroundHug said:
The inside of the ear muffs are approximately 1.5" wide and 2" high.

The warranty, according the paperwork sent with it says 2 years.

thanks GH, it would seem that these are 'on the ear' phones vs the true 'over the ear' variety.....

for MD'ing 'over the ear' is what we want....

They fit over my ears, but just barely. If you have big ears they likely will not go over them but on them as mentioned.

I find them comfortable, but having said that, there are just going to be people who won't find them comfortable and it's best to know before you buy. I think being in Turkey that Makro may not realize the US is home to a lot of bigger people and while this size could be great for Europe, ideally it might be best to be a bit bigger over here. Hopefully I haven't offended anyone saying that (it's just the truth).

I would think based on seeing how they are made that someone will do it (people always find a way) but it wouldn't be easy to do, as far as swapping out the muffs. They actually aren't foam, but are a better quality muff from what I can tell. I'd just ideally like to see a bit bigger. But it's good quality stuff and if it fits your ears I think you will find it quite comfortable. I'd like it just a tad bigger but I still find it comfortable and forget I'm wearing the phones when I have it on, that's how comfortable it is. BUT if your ears are bigger they are going to be on ear rather than over the ear.

One idea for Makro is maybe they could consider doing what a lot of American companies do: make the "pro" version of the headphones that is more expandable in terms of the arms dropping down, use metal for the arms or very tough reinforced plastic, and go bigger on the ear muffs. They could charge say 30 dollars more which should cover their costs, and it would make this much more attractive to a wider customer base (literally in some cases). 120 bucks is in my opinion a really good deal for a set of wireless headphones made for this detector that are comfortable and where the batteries give long life between charges. So there is room to up the phones size and toughness and the price as well. Makro seems to think of everything so who knows they may be planning to do something like that. I think if they could market that at 150 dollars, that's just an outstanding value. Maybe even 160 but I'd still shoot for 150 as I think people would just jump on that.

I want to close by saying these are really good headphones as we all expected from Makro.