Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got to swing my 3D today....

Bill W.

and it didn't disappoint me. I've been using some other machines I bought. Today, I grabbed my 3D with the 10.5 coil. I've only used it a handful of times this season. I went to a school built in 1933 and is still in use. The area I was detecting has enough modern trash to be a pain. So, I figured I'd go cherry picking the deeper signals. I ended up with some clad, 15 wheaties, 1936 Buffalo, and 1943S and 1935 Mercs. After using other machines it makes me appreciate the shear depth and stable ID at depth of the CZ's even more. One wheatie was at 6 inches. Most of the rest of the coins were around 7 inches with 2 wheaties being a solid 8+ inches. I also found a sterling ring without the stone. I could have swore I seen the stone fall out of it... I searched the dirt and hole.. Because I was holding the clump of dirt in my hand when I found the ring. After 5 minutes or so I gave up. I did have the batteries die on my right after I found a deep clad nickel. Before the 3D died I could have swore I heard another deep signal in the hole. It was kind of funny how fast it went from a working to dead. I hit the pinpoint and it did let out some weird noise then went silent. I replaced the batteries and went back and found the first merc. So, that should ease anyone's fear of lacking depth on low batteries... :D The 3D hit the merc the same on low batteries as it did on new.

-Bill

COOL finds Bill! I know what you mean, about the depth w/these CZ's, this is my first one, and I cannot believe how deep I am finding stuff! Aaron

Schoolyards tend to be better for others than they are for me. Congrats.

Dave

I was having my doubts how good of a day it was going to be in the beginning. We've pounded 95% of the school. The only place left has some shallow modern trash... alot of modern screwcap lids.

-Bill

Congrats on the deepies! It's amazing how that "old" technology is holding up against the latest and supposedly greatest.

Thanks for the post! ;)

Tom

Yes, I was in salt mode. But, I have went cherry picking deeper signals in enhanced mode and using the pinpoint to decide whether to dig or not. It's working out well on those days too... :)

-Bill