Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gotta love a campus…..

Ronstar

Supposed to get all rainy stormy nasty tonight into Monday so figured I would go back up to the EMI Hell Zone and keep playing with settings, some worked a bit better and some not so much. Decided to grid search an area thats produced Barber dimes and wheats and Indians and see what I might find.
Mostly, I chased 55-60 numbers as thats about all thats left. Almost all of those ended up old nails (Ferrometer not registering but hits were clear enough to dig) and some lower numbers were tabs and poptops but none the less finding.
Towards the edge of the area I hit a solid and deep penny signal so figured maybe wheat or IH, up pops a 1919S wheat so thats good. After nearly 2 hrs that was the only coin so moved out of that area and decided to make a large semi circle back towards the car.
Along the way I got a repeatable non ferrous low 40s number so thinking maybe zinc. Dug the plug and the carrot declared it out but I couldnt find a coin, finally located a small disc packed in hard dirt/clay. I could see a 5 on the one side and Danmark but it was still kinda crusty. First thought was a trade token or similar but then was able to make out 5 and Ore on the coin. Wandered a bit further and got deep high penny signal, located it about 6” deep and first hope (by size) was maybe a large cent. Nope, says 10 pfennig (1990) on one side Deutschland on the other (its bronze).
Once home I learned the little coin is a Danish coin (1980). Well at least the foreign students drop coins too. Last coin on the way out was durn old clad dime.
May not be much but that was a rather unique recovery session!

Attachments

• 4CD4A770-24C7-46A8-88F0-CDA154EFC757.jpeg
    4CD4A770-24C7-46A8-88F0-CDA154EFC757.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • B32C01E0-9866-4D83-A2A3-D6B91A11F6FC.jpeg
    B32C01E0-9866-4D83-A2A3-D6B91A11F6FC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
Supposed to get all rainy stormy nasty tonight into Monday so figured I would go back up to the EMI Hell Zone and keep playing with settings, some worked a bit better and some not so much. Decided to grid search an area thats produced Barber dimes and wheats and Indians and see what I might find.
Mostly, I chased 55-60 numbers as thats about all thats left. Almost all of those ended up old nails (Ferrometer not registering but hits were clear enough to dig) and some lower numbers were tabs and poptops but none the less finding.
Towards the edge of the area I hit a solid and deep penny signal so figured maybe wheat or IH, up pops a 1919S wheat so thats good. After nearly 2 hrs that was the only coin so moved out of that area and decided to make a large semi circle back towards the car.
Along the way I got a repeatable non ferrous low 40s number so thinking maybe zinc. Dug the plug and the carrot declared it out but I couldnt find a coin, finally located a small disc packed in hard dirt/clay. I could see a 5 on the one side and Danmark but it was still kinda crusty. First thought was a trade token or similar but then was able to make out 5 and Ore on the coin. Wandered a bit further and got deep high penny signal, located it about 6” deep and first hope (by size) was maybe a large cent. Nope, says 10 pfennig (1990) on one side Deutschland on the other (its bronze).
Once home I learned the little coin is a Danish coin (1980). Well at least the foreign students drop coins too. Last coin on the way out was durn old clad dime.
May not be much but that was a rather unique recovery session!
Nice coins. Great story and hunt.
Rains came thru here last night. Need a few days actually. N E Ohio here.

Trust me we have thrown just about every theory known at this place. I’m pretty sure, as we are on the edge of the heavier EMI, that there are probably targets inside that zone being hidden. I’m curious as to what 4khz may be missing…….
The foreign coins were outside the EMI but giving slightly odd VDI, but repeatable, compared to US coins.

Great hunt. Thanks for sharing a beautiful story.