Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GP3500 with 14" Anti-Interference coil (Steve)

Tony

Steve,

That Coiltek 14" Mono that you used with your GP3500...was it a straight mono or anti-interference coil?

I'm planning on doing quite a bit of beach work and was thinking that EMI might be a problem.

Because I need a rock solid threshold to hear the deep stuff, would an Ai coil be a worthy consideration?

....maybe the GP3500 can tune out much of the EMI?

Thanks,
Tony.

It was a straight mono. I have an anti-interference coil I have only used like once but I keep it just in case. If you run a DD coil in cancel mode it kills the interference also. Killing interference kills depth so it is a trade-off. Usually better just to put up with the noise but if it gets bad enough you have to do what you have to do.

Steve

Many thanks for that useful piece of information regarding sensitivity.

A straight mono it is !

Tony

I have both an 11" and 14" A.I. coils. I have used them under electric lines and they were dead quiet. If you have a lot of EMI I would definitely suggest having one in your arsenal.