Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPS Help

13rannon in TN

Hello guys,

I'm in the market for a handheld GPS. I was wondering if one or more of you guys in the know could steer me in the right direction,

Features that I am looking for include accuracy, durability, and the most detailed maps. I spelunk, metal detect, and do some off trail hiking.

I want to be able to use my GPS in heavy forested areas that are way off the beaten bath and be able to save waypoints so that I am able to return to caves, structures, and anything else I may run across out in the wild.

Price: Somewhere under 1000$

I would look seriously at the Garmin GPS 62 series. Garmin has been around for a long time, very reliable units with great service (in my experience). I think they build the best handheld outdoor units. You can also save a few bucks with the Garmin 60csx (predecessor to the 62 series) a very solid, reliable unit. I have provided a link below to a retailer that I have done business with in the past but there are lots of other places to look at for purchase of one of the units.
Idaho PRB

Garmin 62 series GPS

i bought the 60 CSX for wild land firefighting when they were the hot ticket. It has done everything I've needed it to do and I love the accuracy and ability to pick up a signal in the densest forest cover. The new series 62'2 prolly do have a few more bells and whistles but for the price they are selling the "old" 60csx for I would got that route IMHO...you will not regret itmm

Thanks for all the info.

I got a Garmin 60CSx bundle today from Bass Pro Shop for $219.99

It came with TOPO maps 100K US Edition, carrying case, belt clip, and a memory card.

I'll be upgrading to a 62s just as soon as they come down on price. For me I couldn't see enough difference in the two today to justify the price gap.

For what I intend to use this for the 60CSx will get me by for now. The 62s is a very good looking GPS though.

The 60 csx will do more than just get you by for now, that's a great machine.