Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPS receive

leesumm

Does anyone out there own one of the new Bushnell GPS units such as the 200 cr or comparable? I am looking for one particular unit that I can upload some topo maps that I have from Maptech and wondering how or if there is a unit out there that will take and use these maps ?. I have tried about everyone decent entry level device there is and they all seem to have some sort of "base " map which isnt any good and only shows the basic. Then they want the owner to use their own brand of topo maps which in most cases can be more in cost than the unit itself . I would like to find one unit that I can upload a map from Maptech find where I want to go way back in the hills where there isnt anything but hills and trees. Some help please

I just purchased the Delorme GPS PN-20 cost $299 off their site so you don't need the rebate. You get full national topo maps and 3 detailed topo maps with a 1GB card for down loads. They give you $100 worth of free downloads for Sat photos and USGS topo maps. I looked around at the different models and made this choice. I can tell I made the right choice. The National disk comes with great software for pre palnning trips. You can also tie the GPS into the laptop. For the cash this is a great choice.

My pick for best GPS outdoor / forestry product on the market today is the Garmin's GPSMAP 60C. It has everything I've mentioned above plus has great car/truck navigator features without giving up exceptional outside capability. The 60Cs outside screen resolution, long battery life and acreage calculator makes it worth the extra investment for any forester or geocasher - you will be paying a street price of about $370 to $400.
Here are other, more or less, adequate GPS systems that have been recommended to me for forestry and other outdoor uses: Magellan Meridian Platinum, Garmin Vista Color or B/W, Magellan Sportrack Pro.
----------------------------
Barbie Purl
Internet marketing