Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX 4500

Grubstake

I see no one talks about the GPX 4500! Am I missing something here? I know its a great detector, got friends that are doing good with them. Grubstake

The 4500 is a great detector the 5000 is an improvement on them .Its been about 4 1/2 years since the 4500 was released i think any questions that may be asked by people new to detecting thanks john

I've been using the GPX-4500 since early February this year for coin and general hunting in the UK. I originally purchased to cover the local wet sand beaches. However, I have found it to be an excellent detector for fields/pasture inland. Wouldnt swap for anything else at this stage.

I just got one 5 days ago. I am learning fast and once I am successful I will post my story.

I will say this before I go: I am very impressed with the machines ability to pick up the smallest and deepest metal. Made my old site today come back to life.

Stay tuned!

I am using the SEF 15x10.

I wish I had a success story to share, but my GPX4500 has been a great dissapointment. All I seem to find is deep iron and tiny pieces of lead that other detectors missed. The iron reject simply does not work for deep targets, and it's SO FRUSTRATING to dig an 18" deep hole only to find a clump of rust. I will be selling mine soon and opting for a CTX3030.

The discriminator is the same on all minelab GP AND GPX detectors you need to be close to the target before it works .The 4500 are a very good detector we use mainly mono coils prefer nugget finder advantage looking for gold

Take a VLF with you, use it as pinpointed and ID machine.

Discrimination on a Minelab PI takes some experience and practice. An even, steady level swing is best (use a hipstick) and dipping the coil into the hole is not recommended.

The Commander 5x10 DD is a great coil for coin and relic hunting.

Yes you where impressed when you seen how Rab was finding deep hammered with his. Credit where its due Richard:please:

Toddy from Scotland said:
Yes you where impressed when you seen how Rab was finding deep hammered with his. Credit where its due Richard:please:

The start of this thread was directly related to the GPX4500.

Thread started with: 'I see no one talks about the GPX 4500! Am I missing something here? I know its a great detector, got friends that are doing good with them. Grubstake'

And yes, Rab did impress with his GPX5000