Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gpx 5000 as carry on and airplane?????

Jim Robertson

I was going to take my 5000 to AZ. in a couple weeks but want to put it in and backpack and carry on. The shaft will be in my suitcase. Will that work? Or has anyone done it lately?

I check it all through except the control box and battery, the "big bucks". Never got questioned yet. I doubt you will have a problem.

For sure have a battery and coil with you, in case they want you to turn it on. That said, I have been told twice to turn on my laptop, but while the detector control box gets a good look over in the scanner, I have yet to be asked to power it up.

I recently flew from Sac to San Diego with my Nokta in the pack it came in. They wanted to peek at it going down, guy said looks like a nice detector right I said yes, we chatted a bit about detecting and that was it. On the way back I forgot there was a soda in my day pack and they had to alert congress and stop all traffic to have me dig it out of the bottom of my bag. So I told the wife next time I'll do the same thing distract them with a soda in one bag while the detector goes through un-molested lol..
I also had a copy of Prospecting and Mining Journal on top of the detector in the bag to help them get a clue also..