Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX 5000 QUESTION!!

littlenugget

HELLO GUYS A FRIEND JUST BOUGHT LAST WEEK A GPX 5000 HIS NEW WITH THIS MACHINE, A FRIEND AND HIM WENT TO THE DESERT AND FOUND A 250 milligrams = .250 gram NUGGET, THEY FOUND IT WITH A GOLD BUG BUT THE GPX 5000 DOESN'T DETECT IT

WHAT IS THE RIGHT CONFIGURATION OF GPX 5000 SO IT CAN DETECT THIS 250 milligrams GOLD NUGGET IN A AIR TEST ?

WHAT COIL DO YOU USE A MONO OR A DOUBLE D COIL?

ANY VIDEOS THAT CAN HELP?

THANKS!!

I would suggest the videos made by Jonathan Porter. Even though the detectors he uses in the videos are GPX 4000, 4500 the settings can be translated to the 5000.

I don't hunt for gold by in hunting for civil war relics I've found bird shot with both the 11" and 14" DD coils. If you have an area with little or no debris the mono coil gets better depth. The DD helps with ground mineralization.

I got mine from Arizona Outback and Rob's Detectors.

By Porter there are:

The GPX Factor
The SETA Project
Unwrapping the GPX 5000

By Chris Gholson
Practical Prospecting with Minelabs GPX series
Become a Gold Pro-spector with a Minelab GPX detector.

Hi I have just been out this weekend and picked up 13 nuggets from 0.1 to 1 gram
Use a mono coil 11 commanda are ok.settings front panel use fixed,run in mono,special timings,normal gb.
led panel vol limit12,special use fine gold, auto tune ,motion slow,rx 12 to 16,audio run quiet,audio tone to suite you self i run 46,stabilizer 12,signal 16,target vol 10 to 14 if you go much higher it makes the det unstable,res ponce I like inverted ,tracking med,iron rej off hope this helps

They are all great videos, but the one by Chris Gholson- Become a gold pro-spector is specifically for the gpx 5000 and Chris does a excellent job of going over all the settings. The video by J.P.- unwrapping the gpx 5000 is also very good but a little more technical than Chris Gholsons. Just my own opinion. Chip

The GPX 5000 set in fine gold and using a Nuggetfinder 8x6 mono coil is a Gold bug killer.
What it missis you have to literally touch the gold bug coil too in order to get a signal.

Best price on the coil is on ebay.

Air tests are a lousy way to evaluate a PI machine and often times VLF's will do as well or better.

That said the GB2 is still a good unit for sub grain gold in mild ground.