Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX Settings-Relics

donMD

Hello All, Hate to be pathetic, but, would appreciate some settings help with my 4800. I can only get out once a month, if that, so, I don't have a lot of time to experiment. I've seen some settings on other sites for relic hunting in hot ground and opinions are all over the place, none of which agree with the manual or Minelab videos! I got out last weekend in nice soil and the GPX was chattering like crazy and I couldn't calm it down. I've used other PI machines and understand that they can be noisy. I dig mostly in good ground, not super hot and would be grateful for a good starting point. Thanks...

I'm in the same boat you are had the 4800 for two wks hunted with today and could tell the good from the bad the soil in okla is not bad and was chattering like crazy so if you come with sometime post it I'll do the same I hunt two or three times a wk been running the standard settings that in the book I don't most people in the videos are hunting in trash sites

Search mode- Deep
Soil Timing- Special
Coil- DD
Ground Balance- Fixed
Back light- Off
Volume- 12
Ground Balance- General
Special- Extra Sensitive
Manual Tune- Auto
Motion- Slow
Gain- 10-14
Auto- Deep
Auto Tone- To what works for your ears
Stabilizer-7
Signal- 12
Target Volume- 10-15
Response- Normal
Tracking Speed- Medium
Iron Reject- 5-7
i use a GPX 5000 and this works great for me. Give it a shot and let me know. Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll try it Friday

Don, it takes a bit of time. here is a short read that may help you. http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/orange-and-culpeper-virginia-mineralization-not-as-bad-as-people-think