Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grain Size Nugget Air Tests??

I am curious, anyone with a 2-3 grain gold nugget able to do an air test for us with the AT Gold detector?? I am curious. Most the available gold in the gold fields is grain size stuff so a detector should be able to pick this size up to be in the running for average use.

It will find most 2-3 grain nuggets. If the nugget is thin/flat with broken edges it will not sound off as well. If it is a dense thick nugget it will sound better and get better depth. I have tested mine with all size of nuggets up to a 1/4 oz.. Of course your ground mineralization will have a lot to do with depth. I hunt bedrock most of the time so my ground stays stable most of the time. The nuggets in this pic weigh from 2.5-10grains the peice of silver weighs 14 grains. All targets come in at 31-39. The depth reading is all over the place most of the time it shows over 8". On bedrock I can here the 2.5 gr nug at about 3" . I can here the 10 gr at about 5+". My gb was 58. All my test were done on granite bedrock.
2011-10-16162225.jpg

Todd, thanks for the info, that is what I was interested in finding out.