Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grand Cayman

Okierick

Anyone have any experience hunting Grand Cayman 7 mile beach / surf? I'm getting ready to go there for a week. I've only got room for one detector. Which one to take? Choices are Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II or XP Deus. The Garrett will allow me to hunt surf & beach, but no discrimination, while the XP will only be used to hunt the beach, with discrimination.

I would go with the Garret Sea Hunter Mark II. Just my opinion, salt water and sand can be rough on a detector thats not made for the beach.

For a soft sand Caribbean beach, I would vote for the Garrett PI. VLF radio silence hunts on fluffy sand beaches are very frustrating. Besides, the water there is very clear, I would want to spend time water hunting.

Good luck!!

I got to hunt the beaches (dry sand and surf) for about 5 hours over 3 random days, during my honeymoon. I found quite a few local coins. Most have corrosion. Found a few rings (Sterling & possibly tungsten), a junk earring, & a pendant, which I believe has a gold bezel. Lots of beer caps. Hunting would be best during early morning, late evening, & weekends, when the cruise ship crowds have gone. Some hotels run their chairs right down to the high water line.

The Sea Hunter seemed a little noisy, but I didn't dig any iron. Other than bottle caps (no rusty ones), few pull tabs, & an occasional bobby pin, the beaches that I hit, near the Marriott, were clean of junk. I couldn't wade, as I left my large scoop at home. I bought a small trenching shovel locally.