Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grand Master Hunter CX III . Help Needed

itaska71

I saw that Andy Sabisch wrote 2 field tests on this ( these ) detectors over at Losttreasure.
One in Sept. 92 & one in Feb. 96.
Apparently the same detector only upgraded with the new " power master " circutry .
Question :

Since the name stayed the same, how do I know which one I may be buying if I buy a used one ?

Also, Is this " Power Master " circutry the same as on the new Garrett Detectors ?
( has it been the same since 96 except for design changes, bells & whistles, imageing, etc.)

I will look when I get home, I think mine is a ll and I think the lll is the digital read out. I like my meter but I don't care for the battery hook up. Not sure it that's changed much from the two to the three.

I think I'm gonna sell mine, I never use it. I have a GTI 1500. It's my favorite. You don't swing that monster full time do ya? Nice machine, but the other thing I don't like is that balance. Tad to heavy.

High Desert Jim

You could check with Mary Penson at Garrett on which serial numbers the upgrade was made. maryp@garrett.com

And the PM on the newer detectors is basically the same I believe.

Bill