Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grandsons find today

Gold Buddy

My grandson works at a convenience store and today opened a new roll of pennies . His eye caught this right away. Boy he's a happy camper tonight.
He is 22 yr. old and has come up with other old coins but not as exciting as this. Most young people would not notice.

Really cool! Sharp eye there on that kid, good thing Grandpa taught him to pay attention to things......I bet you have him checking 'edges' of coins too for silver!:clapping:

I tried to pass off a bunch of Chucky Cheese tokens at the local convenience store a few months back...told the Immigrant guy behind the counter they were the new '5 dollar' US coins with Hillary Clinton on them...nearly had him too, he really looked at them hard, then back at me.....If I could have kept a straight face, I bet I could of pulled it off!....:lmfao:
Mud

Thanks mud. Like your wrigting

That young man has an good eye. No telling what he can find in change working at a place like that... KEN. Ind.

Gold Buddy, great find by your grandson!

Mud, I'll be grinning the rest of the day thinking about your story. Several 'punny' comments come to mind but I'll let you guys make up your own.

The coin knowledge of the General Public isn't very good, I'm thinking all the recent designs introduced on the cent, nickel, quarter, and dollar coins make it to where folks pay even less attention to what's on the coin.

They will notice something that is a different size, I don't know how many times I've had the 'what is this?' look from cashiers when I give them half dollars, several times I had to tell them they were half dollars, not dollar coins.

gravityrulz said:
Gold Buddy, great find by your grandson!

Mud, I'll be grinning the rest of the day thinking about your story. Several 'punny' comments come to mind but I'll let you guys make up your own.

The coin knowledge of the General Public isn't very good, I'm thinking all the recent designs introduced on the cent, nickel, quarter, and dollar coins make it to where folks pay even less attention to what's on the coin.

They will notice something that is a different size, I don't know how many times I've had the 'what is this?' look from cashiers when I give them half dollars, several times I had to tell them they were half dollars, not dollar coins.

I know what you mean . . . as a coin collector I was a long-time advocate of design changes (both bored by and embarrassed by the "hall of dead presidents"). However, they made so many varieties in such a short span of time, it was just overwhelming and confusing. :shrug: Now I just ignore it.

-pete

Very nice find. Tell him to keep on looking. I used to work retail. I found a few good coins.
Many wheats (1919, 1934, 1936, 1939, just to name a few)
Standing liberty quarter ( no date)
1943 merc dime
Some silver Washington quarters
1961 Franklin half
1964 Kennedy half
1965-1970 halts (4 of them)
Silver Canadian quarters (2 of them 1958,196:geek:
Quite a few silver Rosies (most common silver coin found)
Many Eisenhower dollars (13 at one time in the drawer, only bought 7, should have bought them all)
A $1 silver certificate
A Florida quarter silver proof
A 24k gold plated Connecticut state quarter
Many foreign coins

It always amazed me what people would spend. One guy even came in on my day off and bought cigarettes with silver quarters. Told the lady at the register that they were silver, but had to have his cigarettes. She bought them all out of the drawer and then told me about it the next day. Wished I would have been at work instead of off. Weird to say that, but I loved finding old coins and paying face value for them.