Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Graph for programs

Bill_S

Was thinking of a way to help me get a visual for all the settings, espcially the tone breaks and notch points. So I came up with this.

Great graph...I'm a visual learner so these types of graphs makes sense.
Question: if Sensitivity & TX are high, aren't Reactivity & Silencer supposed to be low ( and vice-versa)?
Thought I read tnat somewhere. Anybody know?

if Sensitivity & TX are high, aren't Reactivity & Silencer supposed to be low ( and vice-versa)?

Not sure myself. Hopefully someone will know. Maybe I need to get Andys book.....;o)

Looks like you already got my book - I use figures like that to explain the varous custom programs throughout the book :cheers:

Andy

That's a pretty cool graph. It would work well for newer parks/soccer fields, but for those that hunt older sites(1860's and older) be aware that you'll be discing out fatty/flying eagle pennies, smaller flat, and larger eagle buttons, some suspender buckles, toe taps, plus other interesting relics that fall in the 56-75 range. Just know where to use VS where NOT to use notch. good luck!

Yes, this was just an example. Not really even intended to be suggested to use. Just seeing what kind of graph I could come up with. I will work on refining it more. I want to make multiple graphs and then print them out after I use them and refine them. I will try to make different ones to cover different situations.

ah, thanks for the clarification, Bill. The graph is very cool. I didn't want someone to take that program "as gospel", then come back later confused or complaining a buddy dug a flying eagle out of his footprint.... I remember about 14 yrs ago the 1st time I used notch was also the last, when a fellow I was hunting with walked right up behind me to chat and dug a ring that was just shy of $800 melt value (platinum). when it crackled under my coil I decided right then to turn off notch and go back to listening to the sounds.
The Deus is a great unit for conveying sounds. use notch wisely!

Can't wait for the book, tracking says it will be here Monday.

Andy Sabisch said:
Looks like you already got my book - I use figures like that to explain the varous custom programs throughout the book :cheers:

Andy

Bacsusa said:
Great graph...I'm a visual learner so these types of graphs makes sense.
Question: if Sensitivity & TX are high, aren't Reactivity & Silencer supposed to be low ( and vice-versa)?
Thought I read tnat somewhere. Anybody know?

The functions are not tied together . . . . Sensitivity and TX impact detection depth directly; Reactivity & Silencer are used to handle trashy areas or high iron concentrations . . . .

Andy