Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gray Ghost?😉

When you go.
Do a little research and find a nice hotel.
I found many of the little ones quite unsavory.
Overnight bar hopping crap. With those who like their prey drunk and or distracted.
Can be a little strange in Chattanooga.
Like any city you don't really know actually.
I have family down there. Which makes it pretty safe for me. Except in the bars up in the mountains.
Having spent the majority of my life up north.
Let's just say they can spot a yank in the next holer.
Spent time in the military, my head is always on a swivel, regardless of where I am, or what I am doing. Appreciate the heads up. If ya all Southerners would realize not all us Yanks are bad...lol. Did you know that the state you reside in is round on both ends and hi in the middle....

It will. I sort of feel your frustration. I'm 66 years old and am a native Georgian, being born and have lived in Georgia all my life. The town we live in was once a sleepy little Southern town, Covington, Georgia. Not anymore. Now it seems that some have deemed Covington as the "Hollywood of the South", as if this is something to be proud of. I wouldn't want to call my home or consider my home town affiliated in any way with anything related to California. Our once small hometown is changing. And not for the better. Crime is way up. Violent Crime. Traffic is terrible, and apartments going up left and right from one end of the county to the other. Now comes the Georgia Governors Election in November. Stacy Abrams is running against Governor Kemp. Stacy Abrams is just about the worst of the worst. She is all for not only ruining Georgia, but the South overall. She is blinded by Hateful Spite. A Most dangerous political figure. She wants Georgia to become a sanctuary state. While we have been throwing the idea of moving around, the Georgias governors race will decide for us what we need to do. Stay in Georgia or leave her. If we leave Georgia, we are looking hard at South Carolina. While our situations are somewhat different, they are close in that it is sometimes a helpless feeling as what to do. I pray for guidance daily for signs that will show us what direction to take and help us in making a sound decision. I guess we will know more here one way or the other as far as staying in Georgia or leaving her in November. We just need to keep faithful and pray daily. It will all come about according to the Good Lords plan for us all.
Sad what the Elites are doing to small towns.
My home town has been getting loaded up by executives from Columbus.
I was hoping to buy grandpa's property and a small house similar to there's for summer.
Ha
Prices have gone thru the roof.
Yes Prayers we need.

It will. I sort of feel your frustration. I'm 66 years old and am a native Georgian, being born and have lived in Georgia all my life. The town we live in was once a sleepy little Southern town, Covington, Georgia. Not anymore. Now it seems that some have deemed Covington as the "Hollywood of the South", as if this is something to be proud of. I wouldn't want to call my home or consider my home town affiliated in any way with anything related to California. Our once small hometown is changing. And not for the better. Crime is way up. Violent Crime. Traffic is terrible, and apartments going up left and right from one end of the county to the other. Now comes the Georgia Governors Election in November. Stacy Abrams is running against Governor Kemp. Stacy Abrams is just about the worst of the worst. She is all for not only ruining Georgia, but the South overall. She is blinded by Hateful Spite. A Most dangerous political figure. She wants Georgia to become a sanctuary state. While we have been throwing the idea of moving around, the Georgias governors race will decide for us what we need to do. Stay in Georgia or leave her. If we leave Georgia, we are looking hard at South Carolina. While our situations are somewhat different, they are close in that it is sometimes a helpless feeling as what to do. I pray for guidance daily for signs that will show us what direction to take and help us in making a sound decision. I guess we will know more here one way or the other as far as staying in Georgia or leaving her in November. We just need to keep faithful and pray daily. It will all come about according to the Good Lords plan for us all.
Welp. I can see why that wonderful little town became so popular. People live movie towns.
As for Abrums.
She needs to go away. Far away. Like ny city.
Where her ideals fit in.
Beautiful town.

Why is Covington Georgia famous?

images

Historic downtown Covington is known as a film town, home to locations from "The Dukes of Hazzard," "In the Heat of the Night" and, most recently, "The Vampire Diaries" and "Sweet Magnolias," along with 140 other films. The thriving downtown has locally owned boutiques, antique stores and restaurants

Yes. It used to be a nice place in which to live and raise your family. The kind of place that you are proud to call home. Not so much anymore.

Yes. It used to be a nice place in which to live and raise your family. The kind of place that you are proud to call home. Not so much anymore.
Sadly I don't know if there are any little towns left that haven't been corrupted. Unless you go way up in tha hills. And then you have to be able to fit in with the clans that have been there since before the civil war. That can be quite difficult. Something few can do. I wouldn't mind trying to get some land back my moms family owned in WV. Though that town is still just two crossroads. Never changed much.
Meaning old clans who may not accept you.
Really never know moving that far out in the hills.

Have you been in that town your whole life ?
Looks like a lot of history there.
The people kept the old school look alive. Beautiful.
I would have a real hard time leaving a place like that where I've lived my whole life. Mom was a nomad. We bounced around all over the Eastern US. Where ever her work took us. My little 5'3" fearless mom. Always ready to venture out with out hardly a thought of how we'd land. Always on our feet though. She's a warrior.
Did you get to watch the Dukes doing their show?
I'd of enjoyed watching the car Chase's.
S. Carolina ?
Would N.Florida be any good ?
Asking for a friend. LoL
If I get to retire. I'm looking for a good safe town for a little place in the winter.
Hopefully we'll be able to come back down to the lower states from my brother's farm in Alaska.
Mom was living in Arizona. Though she's moved back up to Ohio as she's getting up in yrs.
Had planned to be by her in the winter.

I was born and raised in Stone Mountain, Georgia in Dekalb County. This is about 35 miles west of Covington. My wife is originally from Covington. She said she has seen too many changes, and not for the better. It's a total shame too. Dekalb County has been in the pits since the early 90's. All of the metro Atlanta area has really taken a nose dive. Those areas further out that were somewhat in a holding pattern are now in a downward spiral. The Residents administration is not only destroying the middle class, but they are destroying the suburbs, as he said he was going to do. He said that he was bringing the Inner Cities to the suburbs, and with it........The Escallating Crime Rate. This is all man made and manufactured to Destroy our communities, and America herself. But We know this. I hope All folks remember this in November.