Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gray Ghost Deus headphones

Mtcooley

Has anyone tried these headphones? The WS4 headphones are fine when it is warm, but I like good pair of over the ear headphones. I have a larger head. Will they fit a larger head and ears without any discomfort? Thanks, Mike

Not sure about head size fitment but they sure do work great for me. I have to run volume down to # one as they are capable of being very loud if you turn them up . Block out ambient noise well and should be a killer on noisy/windy beaches or any place with lots of noise pollution . Very easy to slide the WS4 puck onto and away you go . A big thumbs up all the way for mine, Ray.

Ray-Mo. said:
Not sure about head size fitment but they sure do work great for me. I have to run volume down to # one as they are capable of being very loud if you turn them up . Block out ambient noise well and should be a killer on noisy/windy beaches or any place with lots of noise pollution . Very easy to slide the WS4 puck onto and away you go . A big thumbs up all the way for mine, Ray.

Where did you purchase yours, Ray?

Mtcooley said:
Has anyone tried these headphones? The WS4 headphones are fine when it is warm, but I like good pair of over the ear headphones. I have a larger head. Will they fit a larger head and ears without any discomfort? Thanks, Mike

I have huge noggin and they fit my head well. Plenty of adjustment. The Gray Ghost XP headphones seal off well outside noise and the volume is great. I had to turn it down a bit as the settings I was using on the WS-4 phones were to loud.

Holler of you need some. we have them in stock.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Mtcooley said:

I have huge noggin and they fit my head well. Plenty of adjustment. The Gray Ghost XP headphones seal off well outside noise and the volume is great. I had to turn it down a bit as the settings I was using on the WS-4 phones were to loud.

I will, Bart. They have a lifetime warranty as well, right?

You can buy the slide on headphone controller adapter for under $25 and with some wiring work - you can use ANY other wired headphones you have at home...
To spend $150 is....well...you know...

Mtcooley said:
What are the other alternatives to the gray ghost?

I have the WS4 Controller on my Chefphone CP6s and, since I was eligible for free accessories when I got my 11" coil, I got the headphone adapter in case I want to buy a mainstream pair of headphones or ever want to build a pair.

Mtcooley said:
Big Boys Hobbies said:
Mtcooley said:

I will, Bart. They have a lifetime warranty as well, right?

Limited lifetime yes.

How hard is it to wire the adapter to a set of headphones? I like the Killer Bee Rattlers which just have one speaker to wire up. Does the adapter come with any type of instructions? I don't do electric so it would have to be pretty simple.

I like the Gray Ghosts...only complaint is sweat. They block outside noise very well and my ears don't hurt after a full day of hunting.

beepsilver said:
I like the Gray Ghosts...only complaint is sweat. They block outside noise very well and my ears don't hurt after a full day of hunting.

Would you say the tones sound the same as with the WS4 phones?

They're pretty close to the WS-5s but I haven't used the WS-4s.

Vance muffs are 120$ lifetime warranty and you get a full refund if you don't like them!!

No they do not

http://www.detecting.us/2014/06/03/headphones-for-xp-deus-comparing-gray-ghost-and-vances-headphones/

Another great comparison review

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2068413

Treasure mountains (ed huffmans review).

Well the headphones have really taken off be on the look out for Andy's review!! I got my shipment of books today Andy thanks again brother!