Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gray Ghost Wireless headphones for the Deus

Carter NY

These Gray Ghost headphones are manufactured by Detectorpro in conjunction with Deus. The quality and comfort is exceptional. I did this video two days ago and have not stopped using the Deus since. I'm in New Hampshire this weekend at the 21st annual BONE event and I'll be posting some Deus finds after the hunt. Thanks to Moe at Deus USA for all of his setting suggestions.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge7qVjsWBMw[/video]

So where did you or do you get these headphones?

Are they like the Chefphones CP6 where it has the Deus adapter wired into the headphone and then you slide on your headphone puck into the adapter and go?

I know Vance's metal detecting is making headphones just like these as well but are $130 with lifetime warranty.

Anymore info on where you got these etc. etc. would be great (link would be good)

These are from the manufacturer Detectorpro. They work like the Chefphones CP6 but with the quality comfort of Gray Ghost.

Visit Detectorpro.com.

Thanks,

Carter

Carter NY said:
These are from the manufacturer Detectorpro. They work like the Chefphones CP6 but with the quality comfort of Gray Ghost.

Visit Detectorpro.com.

Thanks,

Carter

I don't see these at detectorpro.com at all ... Is there a different spit where these are shown other then the headphones section???

I called Gary and he said they just went live on his site this morning http://detectorpro.com/grayghost-XP.htm

Carter

falconman515 said:
Carter NY said:

Visit Detectorpro.com.

Thanks,

Carter

I don't see these at detectorpro.com at all ... Is there a different spit where these are shown other then the headphones section???

Still not in your Cyberstore though FYI

Carter NY said:
I called Gary and he said they just went live on his site this morning http://detectorpro.com/grayghost-XP.htm

Carter

falconman515 said:
Carter NY said:

Visit Detectorpro.com.

Thanks,

Carter

I've used the Chefphones CP6 for almost 2 years.
They are manufactured with great quality and are super comfortable and very affordable.

Carter NY said:
They work like the Chefphones CP6 but with the quality comfort of Gray Ghost.

OK, so the basic backphone headhones are $400+ and then you add another $150 to get another set that can use the module. Why not just get the WS5 headphones to begin with? I've ordered both my Deus's with the WS5 headphones and it wasn't much more than if I'd gone with the backphone plus they are really nice sounding and comfortable.

Hey Southwind, I hear you. I think the number one reason I'd pick the backphones is due to flexibility, particularly since I'm one of those people who don't hate the backphones. Here in central Texas where summer lasts 5/1 - 11/1, and you get 40 - 60 100F+ days, it makes a huge comfort difference over ear muff style headphones. It also gives you some flexibility (with the $25 headphone adaptor) to use other headphones if you really want, or make your own Deus headphones if you have a favorite pair. Obviously you can also use a 3rd party set of headphones like the chefphones and others, I actually bought the chefphones last year, but I sold them because I guess I've got a large noggin! :) They were nicely made, and the sound quality was very good, but I could not wear them for very long. But I have that issue with many headphones. So not intended as a ding on the chefphones themselves at all.

Rich

Southwind said:
OK, so the basic backphone headhones are $400+ and then you add another $150 to get another set that can use the module. Why not just get the WS5 headphones to begin with? I've ordered both my Deus's with the WS5 headphones and it wasn't much more than if I'd gone with the backphone plus they are really nice sounding and comfortable.

Number one reason for me:

With the module off the backphones and the adapter, you can use earbuds and get away from hot headphones of any kind in the summer months.