Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great day at the school yard

richbat

Well weather was nice this AM so me and the boy headed to the school yard.I picked up an older Teknetics 9000 to try out but for some reason couldn't get the dang thing to GB.Anyways my boy had my Landstar and off he went and wouldn't you know it he ended up finding a nice silver ring and a couple of quarters.Well we put the Teknetics back in the jeep and took turns MD'ing found a couple more pennies,dimes and nickles then he got tired and i took the helm.Well started hitting signals left and right in one spot,spent dang near an hour in this spot pulling pennies and dimes out on each swing,didn't get a grand total but must of been a pocket spill.This place is really producing good this year.Got sunburn pretty good but well worth it.Oh his ring was stamped 925 on the inside,tried to get a picture of it but it kept coming out way to small to see it.Rich

The old-style original Tek machines did not hunt well in bad ground, but you can reduce sensitivity and raise the coil to help some. Or bring it out in neutral ground or totlots. Just about all the modern ID circuits are based on 'em though, so they're still keepers and have stood the test of time. Most of the 9000s had the display go bad, if you got a working unit, hang onto it or don't let it slip away from you too cheaply. It's possible your controls are dirty or maybe the coil connector/socket should be checked. The coil's shield wire might be loose in the connector and this may cause more falsing or "ground effects" to show up. Just sayin'!

After you resize or crop a pic for a forum, make sure you view the result at 100%. Some programs reduce the image, but don't change the viewing percentage, so it suddenly gets tiny till you zoom back up to view it at 100%. I aim for about 10 inches wide at 72 dpi, small enough to work for dialup people like myself and still viewable on large monitors.

Good finds with the Land Star, it's no slouch either. I bet that 20 or 30 years from now, your boy and you will look back on days like this with good memories. Keep adding to 'em!

-Ed