Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GREAT FIND!!

Hillbilly Bob

Went detecting Sunday afternoon at a old farm site just south of Oktaha Ok. When I found an old rusted Prince Albert can, inside wrapped in wax paper and in good condition was five V Nickles and ten Indian Head Pennies in very good condition. :clapping: This is how they looked right out of the ground, did not have to clean them at all. Found a lot of other junk but these are by far the best of the day.:thumbup:

What a eye opener! Since all the coins and then the tin can, did the MXT say "overload"? Many times I'll get an overload while detecting a yard and it's usually a big can. Boy what a great cache!!!!! Is this your first? Thanks for sharing. HH to all, Nancy

Yes Nancy, It was a overload but every time I lifted the coil it gave a 35 to 40 VDI reading so I dug. the best find I have made besides gold nuggets. I am really proud of these I've always wanted to find an Indian head penny, who would of thought ten of them.:yikes: I still got allot of the property to hunt hope to find some more goodies:clapping:

By the way Nancy I took your advice on taking the pictures and they turned out allot better- - - thank you.

That just tickles me to death. The coins look great and it's ironic that I too found Indians last week. Both of mine were 1906. Cool!!!! Yours are in a lot better shape than mine. Take your time detecting and when you think you've got it all.........................do it all over again. You'll be surprised how many coins you'll find. WOW, I need to go back and look at the pictures again! HH to all, Nancy

That's quite remarkable, for several reasons:

1. The nickels all being the same date, and the pennies all being the same date
2. The fact that they're not in near mint condition, given #1. (not that they're in bad shape, but they ain't uncirculated)
This means that:
1. Somebody went to the trouble of rounding up a bunch of the same dates.
2. They did it at least 10-15 years after the coins were minted, judging from the grade of the coins.
Much more unusual than somebody just getting brand new change from the bank and burying it.

I'd have to imagine it was some kid playing buried treasure.

Either way, very nice haul.

Bob, I would be checking that property CLOSE!!-----with all those coins being the same date, it is a distinct possability that they made more than one cache!
I would be digging ALL big iron signals!!!
Good Luck! Dale

Outstanding cache find!!!!!

Bob