Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great idea, go for it Andy

craigV3

I wish the Dues had a wireless pin pointer like the Sunray probe ,that works with your current program and discrimination.... Andy, you're the man to put a bug in their ear... We'll split it 60/40 !

Craig,
That has been brought up before and it would be a great idea.
But you do realize that it would be another coil, so it would need all of the electronics and battery in it.
Also it would cost $400 - $500. Would you still be interested in one at that price?

Great idea, but I think I will stick with my Propointer.

HH

I would also agree that it would be a good idea and investment. I wouldnt have a problem spending the money for something like that. I am coming from an E-Trac so our X1 Probes are raising in price anyways. Plus if they can make a Wireless Probe for $500 I am sure it will sell-out and be on back order just like the 11" Coil is and that is the same price. Having the descrimination in a probe is amazing in trashy areas. I think they would sell like hotcakes given the price of a machine and how amazing it is.

Don't get me wrong guys.
I came from the MXT PRO with a DX-1 on it and loved it...
And I would probably be one of those on that waiting list also....
Just pointing out what I think are some of the facts...

HH

One problem to overcome would be the necessity to go to options and switch coils every time you want to use it.

Pinpointers are basically wireless detectors set to all metal. If I can ask, why the desire to add discrimination? I pulled a gold ring out a hole while retrieving 2 nickels last week. I was cherry picking coins and would not have dug the signal if it was gold alone. The pinpointer told me to keep digging, I was thinking more nickels.

Would you like to have remote control digging device to go w/it too , broom and rake behind you to fill in the holes?
You people are nuts - stop hallucinating and do some old fashion digging.

It is an interesting concept and one that I will in fact pass on to Alain and his team . . . but one has to ask would people that have say a ProPointer which can be used on any detector switch to an optional coil for the Deus in a pinpointer body? Would it have to offer TID in order to justify the switch?

How about some thoughts on what it would take to make it overwhelmingly attractive so people would be willing to switch to a pinpointer that was tied to the Deus . . . .

Andy

I'd not switch to a dedicated unit. The PP like the others is "wireless" and not being tied to a specific unit or more costly than it is now is enough to keep me from wanting something else.

I just love the discrimination with my other detectors hard wired pinpointer... You have a option to switch it to all metal by activating the pinpointer on on the detector, or run with discrimination to locate your specific target without picking every tiny piece of trash or iron from the same hole your good signal was in.

I may be the odd man out but I figure that once I go through the trouble of digging the hole, I am going to extract whatever is in it so a pinpointer with TID is of little value to me.

Then again, I am starting to sound like the old timers who get attached to a piece of tech and won't let it go regardless of whatever advances are made in the field LOL! :lol:

pulltabMiner said:
I may be the odd man out but I figure that once I go through the trouble of digging the hole, I am going to extract whatever is in it so a pinpointer with TID is of little value to me.

Then again, I am starting to sound like the old timers who get attached to a piece of tech and won't let it go regardless of whatever advances are made in the field LOL! :lol:

Good point...once I dig...whatever is in the hole is coming out.

For me it would be good enough, if the pinpointer would communicate with the XP headset or control directly.
That way no longer the issue, that chef phones or heavy surrounding noise make it difficult to hear the pinpointer sound. Also no longer interference noises as I have them now, if I switch on my external pinpointer.

A nice goody I sometimes would wish - this could contain a radio receiver or MP3 player, which also redirects sound to the headphones in a selectable loudness level. *grins* But that is dreaming, I agree.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Starting from near total ignorance on my part, are we sure that a pin pointer could not be made with standard batteries rather than sealed Lithium Ion ones and made to over ride or piggyback the coil signal as it is put into a silent null type state while we dig anyway? Would one really HAVE to switch sources or any means to change settings? I can often hear my standard PP over my hardwired headphones... would it be impossible to design one to intentionally crosstalk wireless ones it that situation? Might not one be able to build such a thing for half or so of the cost of a XP coil?
Just thinkin... maybe the smart guys can remove the hot air and fold it up and put it to bed. :blowup:

Exactly. The wireless pinpointer would have to readout in TIDs on the control box screen. I'd buy one just to know the difference between the good target and iron in the hole. It would help prevent damaging the coin while you're removing iron from the hole like you have to with a ProPointer.

Would that mean that the probe would also have to operate in either 4,8,12, or 18kHz - whichever freq the coil is in at the time - in order for the numbers to match? Or, the pinpointer could operate in either 8 or 12 kHz so the values would closely correspond to the coil's VDI reading. Or - it could be as simple as iron = low tone...aluminum or gold = mid tones, copper and silver = high tones. I have no idea how complicated the circuitry would have to be for this to work...but to have it wirelessly connect with the control box...now that would be fantastic!