Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Morning with SE Pro

RLOH

We had heavy rains last night in northeast Ohio, but a beautiful forecast for today. I started at a park where they cut the grass sparingly. Usually I make the twenty mile drive and find knee high grass. I had a friend check it out and found the grass was cut Saturday. I found about 15 clad coins and one wheat. I found a four quarter spill that was about 6 inches deep. I can't believe nobody found them. I always dose myself with deep woods off for the bugs, but I was getting chewed alive by what appeared to be common house flies. Every time I stopped to dig they started biting. Bite right through my shirt and sprayed arms. I had to leave.

I stopped at my favorite park to finish my day and hoped the flies weren't biting here, but that was not the case. The ground was saturated and the plugs filled with water as soon as I dug. I found one wheat penny and found some higher ground. I got a perfect sounding one way signal and knew it was a coin. First target I found was a three inch rusty nail. Nails do not sound perfect so I probed the hole with my pinpointer and hit a target two inches deeper and slightly off in the wall. I took a wide scoop and saw silver in the hunk of dirt . 1918 merc. Now the flies were just as bad as the first park so even with my success, I was getting chewed bad. I headed for where I parked without swinging, but decided to hunt a small area where I have found probably a hundred wheats and 15 -20 silvers. I was hoping the wet ground would help it was only a matter of minutes before I got a scratchy "high right" signal. I saw a silver coin at the bottom of the hole and it turned out to be a 1920 merc. I checked the hole and plug with my pinpointer and there was a small(1/2 inch or so) rusty nut. That accounts for the scratchy signal.

I have been thinking of getting another Equinox, but the old SE Pro is way to easy for me to use. It is a very slow plodder, but I seem to have my best luck creeping it through heavy trash. Hearing the sound of a deep coin is easily recognized even with the abundant trash signals. I see many former Etrac and Explorer users have made the switch and not looking back. My problem with the Nox was the angle of the grip. It is too straight and pained my bad wrists. I had the same problem with the Etrac. The grip angle was steeper on the Etrac than on any of the other Explorers. I had some success with the Nox in the short time I used it. Even with it's feather light weight, I just held my wrist at a painful angle. With that said, I am glad to have a nearly as capable detector to the Nox.

[size=medium]Great job sniffing those beauties out of the trash! I still use my SE Pro as well and I'm not likely to change anytime soon. Continued success to you and sorry about the flies- they sound just nasty..

-- Jeff --[/size]

Good point Tony!----Now all you have to do is substitute the eTrac for the XS & you'll be right on!!:thumbup:
Tony N (Michigan) said:
I have a Nox 800 and still think my Explorer XS is better than it.