Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Morning With the Trac

RLOH

Last night I layed in bed figuring out where I would hunt this am. I decided on my "old stand bye" spot. This spot hosted a Christmas lighting display that was just taken down. I decided to hunt where the displays stood. In the first hour I found three coins and all were deep wheats(8-10 inches deep) If you ever felt "in the groove", today was that day. In the next hour and a half, I found six more real deep wheats and one was a 1909. I am gently cleaning it and I am hoping for a vdb. I did not find one silver coin, but I really needed a day like today to keep my confidence going. I am running out of spots to hunt, but a day like today gives me hope. The Etrac is still one of or maybe even the best deep coin detector in the hobby.

I agree hunting spots are getting harder to come by for sure but I manage ok just getting out and enjoying my time in the out doors!

Last night I layed in bed figuring out where I would hunt this am. I decided on my "old stand bye" spot. This spot hosted a Christmas lighting display that was just taken down. I decided to hunt where the displays stood. In the first hour I found three coins and all were deep wheats(8-10 inches deep) If you ever felt "in the groove", today was that day. In the next hour and a half, I found six more real deep wheats and one was a 1909. I am gently cleaning it and I am hoping for a vdb. I did not find one silver coin, but I really needed a day like today to keep my confidence going. I am running out of spots to hunt, but a day like today gives me hope. The Etrac is still one of or maybe even the best deep coin detector in the hobby.
It is a "vdb", but no S mint mark. I guess I will have to keep trying. At any rate, it is in good condition for the wheats that come out of my soil.

Minelabs ole FBS detectors are/were just great units to hunt with period !! I was never more confident hunting with the EXP II and knowing I didn't leave any thing good in the ground. Sure wish the body could handle a detector with that weight now...

Minelabs ole FBS detectors are/were just great units to hunt with period !! I was never more confident hunting with the EXP II and knowing I didn't leave any thing good in the ground. Sure wish the body could handle a detector with that weight now...
Mark, I am always trying the latest and greatest, but always come back to a FBS detector. I will use the Etrac as long as my shoulder and elbow hold up. I have tried the harnesses, but absolutely hate them. Your Nox 600 is one of the best coin detectors around, so you should not miss much.

Mark, I am always trying the latest and greatest, but always come back to a FBS detector. I will use the Etrac as long as my shoulder and elbow hold up. I have tried the harnesses, but absolutely hate them. Your Nox 600 is one of the best coin detectors around, so you should not miss much.
I hope your right with the nox 600. I only have a couple of hrs using it. LONG way to go to get really proficient with it.... See ya RL