Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great news! Whites Intensity meter will target ID,

Paul (Ca)

Today, Was a bit surprised to see a Whites intensity meter ID when connected to an analog detector designed for target ID.

By chance, After swapping circuit boards (5500/D Series 3 and a 6000 Di Series 3) into different housings, Instead of going through the process of switching the analog meters and harnesses I connected the non-target ID 5500/D intensity meter to the target ID 6000 Di Series 3 circuit board and sure enough it works as a target ID meter.

The only difference is the meter face, One is an Intensity the other Target ID. So all I did was swap meter face plates, and some minor differences in the harness connection at the circuit boards.

Any you out there having these intensity meters can now use them for replacement parts on selected Whites and Tekentics models using an analog for target ID, Just switch meters and swap face plates and you're back in business.

Below, Is a current project I've been wanting to complete and today finally made the time. Those that don't know the older blue box Whites 6000 Di Series 3 is a great target ID (Manual Ground Balance) detector especially working up close to metal poles and such, Great tot lot detector capable of getting up close to metal poles and underneath metal slides. Only thing is it's not balanced so well, I guess allot of the older units are not balanced.

Using a sporty looking Whites 5500/D Series 3 housing for the circuit board switch, In fact is the same detector as the 6000 Di Series 3 only that the 6000 has two sensitivity positions while the 5500/D Series 3 only has one sens position and a SAT position. Other than that both use the same control functions and are placed in the same position so both boards are transferable, And of course the 6000 Di has target ID while the 5500 is a non- target ID detector...Took about two hours for the switch so both are now back in good working order only in a different housing.

The last picture, The (now updated) 6000 Di Series is sitting beside a 5900 Di-Pro SL. Both are about the same only the kHz are slighty different, And the 5900 Di-Pro Sl gets a little more depth. However, The 5900 Di-Pro still can't get up close to metal poles as the 6000 Di Series 3 can.

Paul (Ca)

well done..... it's kinda brilliant actually..... shame you didnt put this in the modifications forum.....

Thanks,

I thought about putting this on the modifications forum but really didn't think it would draw much interest, So I placed it here on the analog forum instead.

Another interesting improvement on the older Whites series detectors is the older Series detectors especially Series 3 will operate with Bounty hunter & Tekentics coils and even the new Fisher F-2/F-4 DD elliptical coil. The newer SL, XLT, Pro, etc can't do this, They operate on a different kHz.

Because the kHz are almost identical on these older models listed in the paragraph above, Target ID are the same on the analog meter, Some models may have a slight variance but hardly noticeable.

The 6000 Di Series 3 with a Fisher F-2/F-4 DD coil make a great combo, Good for coin and jewelry detecting with decent depth.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

That is some cool tinkering....

You better stop or we'll be seeing a new line coming out.

Frankintector

HAHA...nice man....keep at it.

Thanks Gary,

It was just matter of switching circuit boards, Nothing too hard but a nice change now having target ID and a balanced setup.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Great news Paul! Can tell me which kind of coil adaptor did You use to make a F2/F4 connector to fit in Your 6000 Coinmaster?
All the best,
Ale

Hello Ale,

Factory made coil adaptors are harder to come by these days, About the only person who may have them for different types of detectors is Keith Wills. Or, If Keith doesn't have one he may put one together for around $30 bucks or so.

I make my own if I don't have one for a paticluar model, Easy to make if you have spare coil (male/remale) connectors and coil cable.

Paul (Ca)

Hey Paul

I want someone to turn my BH Tracker into a Whites Vision....think you're up to the job?

LOL

J/K

Hello Dennis,

I would think a series 2 meter and series 3 are the same based from pictures, depending on model the only difference are the face plate just swap the two and you're good to go.

Good luck,
Paul