Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great pleasure to meet Steve Moore the other day

erjtej

Hi All. Went to a super relic hunt in Jefferson Texas last week and had the great pleasure to meet Steve Moore from Garrett. He was parked next to me and noticed my AT Pro and started asking how I liked the machine. I told him that in the beginning I had several problems that the customer service at Garrett persistently worked out (Sue and Brad). I told him I had nothing but the highest respect for the company and their people. Then he introduced himself and gave me a card and told me that if I ever had any more problems to give him a call. He showed me the new AT Pro Gold and let me play around with his unit and I must say it was IMPRESSIVE! He probably would not like me to brag on him but he won the second hunt hands down, most tokens and best wins. He won a Garrett pinpointer that he returned to the club for a drawing and really promoted the club. At the end of the hunt my pinpointer gave out and I asked him if he thought it might be something I could fix or would I have to send it in for repair. He looked at it, pitched it in his trunk and handed me a brand new pointer. All I was hoping for was if it needed repair maybe he could take it with him and save me shipping it in. I guess what I am trying to say is, I have used many detector brands in my years of swinging a coil, but I have never held a better machine for the money, and certainly have never met a better more respectful company than Garrett. And I want to salute Steve for being a great ambassador to our hobby and the Garrett company. They really treat you like family and that is important in toady's dog eat dog world. If you have the privilege to meet Steve personally, take a moment and shake his hand and thank him for his service. It is really priceless! Earl Johnson.

The people who work at Garrett are all such wonderful people! Very friendly, yet very knowledgeable. Steve has written one of the best relic hunting books that is available. And he is an excellent relic hunter too. I am proud to volunteer some of my spare time to help the forums and new Garrett users. :)

I was at a Relic hunt just before the AT PRO was about to come out and noticed a guy using one. HMMM I said to myself so, I detected around him until my chance to move in and ask him how he had one before they were out( didn't want to interfere with his detecting). He introduced himself and we talked for a good while about the detector's performance in the hot soil and some of my colonial finds from where I live. Not once did he rush or mention about getting back to the hunt. He ask if I could send him some pictures of my finds for a book he was writing (Relic Quest). Without a second thought I said sure no problem( my finds in his book!!!). After the book came out I received a package in the mail. You got it. A SIGNED COPY of that great book. Even though I have only met him once, he left the prefect impression that I will remember for a life time. He is one terrific guy and if I'm ever in Texas I'll be sure to contact him. I now own a AT PRO & a AT GOLD. To Steve and Garrett "THANK YOU"
JOE in MD