Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Tip 15" WOT Users

Bought a WOT coil from a guy recently for my Exp. II and he also sent a small washer to tighten up the fit once it was attached to the lower rod. Messed with trying to get that washer in to tighten it and got pissed off and said there has to be a better way. I called Doc's Detecting in Las Vegas knowing they were Coiltek dealers and I think it was Gus I talked to and and he gave me the cure to my problem. First rermove lower rod from coil reinsert bolt and wing back through coil ears and tighten ( I used a metal bolt and wingnut for the simple fact you cannot put a whole lot on the nylon bolt and wingnut they provide you with to attach tne coil with) Take a hair dryer and heat the ears on the coil at a warm to hot setting with the bolt and wingnut attached providing enough tension After heated the ears get soft and pull in enough to the desired width to tighten your lower rod up. Allow the coil to cool and that will allow the ears to set up at your desired width. Please use uncommon sense when doing this and I hope it works for you like it did for me. Phillip.

The Metal Bolt and Wingnut is used only during the heating process your nylon one goes back in when you re-attach. I use metal during heating because the nylon rounds out bad enough as it is if you are not careful when tighting.

allgirls said:
The Metal Bolt and Wingnut is used only during the heating process your nylon one goes back in when you re-attach. I use metal during heating because the nylon rounds out bad enough as it is if you are not careful when tightening.