Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great video on coil size and separation!

He makes scientific sense but not sure real world experience totally agrees. Seems anything can be moved a tiny bit and different results……. Hmmmmmm

6” and 11 “ coils compared excellent video!

problem. turn the coil 90 degrees and coin masked regardless of separation and coil because nails horizontal to coin now. Typical for real trashy areas why small coil still does better overall in these areas and why you should hunt from different angles.
We know that and if you tilt an 11' coil and use just the heel it acts like a 6"
Mark

Some time ago I proposed a test consisting of a square made with 4 pull tabs with a dime in the middle. It became obvious to me what your video shows. When the outside of a DD coil hits two of the tabs at the same time, the dime in the middle becomes invisible. And like you say, if the coil is tilted forward or backward, you can pick it up again. Here, a football shaped coil has the advantage over round. Other times a round one has the advantage. In my opinion, you should hunt from different angles AND with different coils. Since you cannot see what is under the ground, you cannot be sure which direction to search or which coil to use. Again, this is just one person's opinion.