Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Green hunter using F19 and carrot in Ohio

grantham

[size=large]Hello to all,

Fairly new to the hobby. Early this summer, I started with a Garrett Carrot. I have been prospecting in nearby streams/creeks for a couple of years and honestly... I was probably a little too excited to have a waterproof stud finder.

After a few months, I found myself using the little carrot on occasion out in public if had some time to spare. I really liked how I could do a couple of sweeps in a busy area with the vibrate/silent mode and never get questioned. Almost all the finds were on the surface.

Then I researched and decided on the Fisher F19. Found a great deal (1/2 of MSRP). I currently have about 20hours under my belt. Most of it was on my property, working on proper digging techniques and just listening/sweeping. I then ventured to a park/playground and dug my arms off after 6hrs of digging all signals, but from what I gather there is no way to learn, but to dig.

Thanks![/size]

Had a etrac and now a deus. I am not now nor ever was really adept at metal detecting. Seems to me that while the better equipment can give you important clues as to what's under the coil, the only sure way is to dig. Otherwise you will pass up some good finds.

I am a AT pro guy but certain methods are true in detecting. Dig every signal, appreciate what you are finding, remember what that item signal is, recheck that dig, redig if needed, keep coil level to ground, patience, go back to dig sites after a rain, ground balance, eliminate iron and see what you find. So much more to do. Peace

welcome to the forum..