Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Greetings from Canada

GpSnoopy

Howdy, folks.

Figured I would stop being a lurker and introduce myself.

My name is Ralph, and I hail from your frozen neighbour up north, Canada. Grande Prairie, Alberta to be more specific.

I'm a fairly new owner of an MXT300, picked it up in the fall, and got a dozen hunts in before the big freeze, but have detected on and off for the past 20+ years. Started with a Tesoro Inca, then the Silver Sabre, Golden Sabre, and finally the older XLT spectrum for a few years before I had to move, and then dropped the hobby for a spell. Got the itch again a couple of years ago, so started again with an IDX, and have now added the MXT.

I've been reading this forum, along with a couple of others and have learned a lot. In fact, I'd been debating which additional coil I wanted to order to complement my 4x6 shooter and because of the information and reviews given here, have decided to go with the 10" D2.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the thaw to arrive, which unfortunately doesn't happen till mid April this far north.

The area I'm in has only been settled for approx 100 years, so don't have the rich history and finds as compared to most of you, but I've been researching the library archives and locating old rural schools, community halls, and homesteads to try and hit at least the oldest parts around here.

Thanks for an informative arena in which to share our MXT life in, and hope to contribute in the future.

Ralph

And of course, I do the newbie thing and accidentally post a second copy of my first post. :rage::rage: :stars: Hehe.

Hi Ralph, Welcome aboard and welcome back to the world of metal detecting. It doesn't matter what your neighborhood is like, we all live in different parts of the world and enjoy all the finds. In fact, that's what makes it so interesting. Take care and stay warm. Here in IL, we're to get more snow off and on today. Then in the teens tomorrow, 50 by Saturday. Yes, this is typical Illinois weather! HH, Nancy

GpSnoopy welcome aboard..

Nice to meet ya Ralph............:beers: