Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Greetings from Florida

JeffP64FL

Getting ready to retire soon and looking for a new hobby. I initially wanted to look into gold prospecting and panning, but Florida isn't an optimal location for that sort of thing. So, now I'm trying to see if detecting might be a fun activity for me to occupy my time. From what I've gleaned so far, it looks like the beaches are the best targets for me here in Florida (unfortunately, I live in Gainesville and am, therefore, relatively far from any beach). I am still trying to learn the rules for detecting (recently learned that state and national parks are almost all off limits ... bummer) and I'm a little disappointed that I don't think I'll even be allowed to use a detector in local parks. But I'm going to browse these forums to see if I can find a way to make the best of my new potential hobby. I'm already a bit discouraged by the limited allowed areas to work, so I'll be interested in discovering how people find fun places to go for their searches.

Welcome to the Retirees Club. Detecting is a great hobby. Plenty of Exercise and the Thrill of the Hunt!!! Your best chances these days are Permissions to hunt.A lot of detecting sites these days have been put off Limits. You'll figure it out where and where not to go in good time with Experience. Anyway, Welcome to the Forum and Happy TH'ing...
silverseeker 2