Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grey Ghost Headphones Came With Clip Loose! Help!

Clad2Hunt

Got my headphones with the clip on the side but 2 of the 3 screws that hold it on are loose. But even worse the middle screw head is larger than the other 2 and will not allow the WS6 to slide on properly. Must have been made on Friday at 4:49 pm. Any screw to get it out the door! I was told by seller through E Bay to go back through E Bay to start a return. I do but it doesn't show the purchase and I can't find a way to contact E Bay about it and I am lost in a circle because without that info I can't find a way to contact them. What I am wondering is I can fix this myself if I pop the cuff off. Has anyone done this so I don't have to go through this endless circle? Replace the middle screw and put some loktite on threads to stop this from happening. Will keep trying to return but this will tie them up now for almost 10 days going back and forth Thanks JR

Got my headphones with the clip on the side but 2 of the 3 screws that hold it on are loose. But even worse the middle screw head is larger than the other 2 and will not allow the WS6 to slide on properly. Must have been made on Friday at 4:49 pm. Any screw to get it out the door! I was told by seller through E Bay to go back through E Bay to start a return. I do but it doesn't show the purchase and I can't find a way to contact E Bay about it and I am lost in a circle because without that info I can't find a way to contact them. What I am wondering is I can fix this myself if I pop the cuff off. Has anyone done this so I don't have to go through this endless circle? Replace the middle screw and put some loktite on threads to stop this from happening. Will keep trying to return but this will tie them up now for almost 10 days going back and forth Thanks JR
TRY Praying to God, our Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus, & see what He can do for repairs done or move faster for the repairs done by them who sold the headphones! The Pandemic evil works caused great damages in the whole world! God Bless by the moving of His Spirit to meet your needs! Nothing is TOO large or TOO small for Him to handle, for with Him all things are possible, as He rules & reigns SUPREME! Ma Betty

I would work on repairing them myself. It doesn't sound like a tough repair.
And then would give the Ebay seller a scathing review on not standing behind a purchase.

A photo would help to see the problem

I would work on repairing them myself. It doesn't sound like a tough repair.
And then would give the Ebay seller a scathing review on not standing behind a purchase.
Have a older set of Grey Ghost and may try to remove ear cuff off of them. If the cuff comes off easy I may try it. Serious Detecting won't do anything except through e bay even an exchange. E Bay has not responded upon submitting my order number on guest purchase. Calling manufacture Monday to see if they installed the clip or dealer did.

I found that the ear cuffs were not hard to remove and so I have found that all 3 screws had Lok Tite on threads and it was hard but removed the middle screw and replaced with an 8/32 to match the rest and now the WS6 slides on the clip and they work. The large screw did scratch up the back of the WS6 when trying to install. No longer a fan of GG headphones nor the dealer I got them from. Poor quality control. 1st pair I bought had problems with a big scratch on cups when opened and owner of mfg. called me a liar because he hand built every set until he when into stock room and found he had several new ones with same mark. Refunded money.

Attachments

• headphone.jpg
    headphone.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 98
That does not look like a factory set of headphones. Someone bought the clip and tried to screw it to the headphone.

The seller has mention they were going to refer me to GG mfg. Kind of leads me to think he got it this way. It put a scratch on the back of my new WS6 and I want to talk to them about it. Doesn't affect any performance but just should not have happen in the first place! This is my first Deus so this is all new. I hate the backphones so bad I took it upon myself to remedy this so I could use my new expensive MD without interference with my glasses causing lots of discomfort. Like the feel of the GG headphones and the ambient noise reduction is decent. Will be hot in the warmer weather so I got a clip with jack so I can use earbuds.

I have a pair of GG and my screws are countersunk on the puck adapter more than yours. Looks like it anyway. Are the screws countersunk any at all? I purchased mine quite a while back with my first Deus. Way before this crazy pandemic.

I have a pair of GG and my screws are countersunk on the puck adapter more than yours. Looks like it anyway. Are the screws countersunk any at all? I purchased mine quite a while back with my first Deus. Way before this crazy pandemic.
They are flat head phillips which is counter sunk but they are not. They stick above the clip a tiny bit when the screws are small enough. The center one was just by looking at it is wrong to anyone that has used this before. I'm looking into the ones that the WS6 is recessed.

Mine are Grey Ghost. I think that all three screws (1 bigger in center, and the 2 little outer ones ) are countersunk.