Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance AT PRO

langsy

i bought an at pro , i live in florida but it doesnt GB in dry sand or in the back yard but when i try to GB in wet sand it works fine GB down to 11 or 12 well i thought something was wrong sent it back to garret 2 different times than they sent me a new atpro it does the same thing. does any one else have this problem with the atpro in florida sand?

Sometimes I wonder if mine isn't ground balancing right but I don't live in Fla. Sometimes it ground balances at the same site at big different numbers. I don't really think its a real big deal on ground balancing for the most part. Set it a an average and go for it. Most detectors are pre set and can't be adjusted anyway. The amount of depth lost will be min. Since you sent it back twice and receive a new one sounds like the type of soil. I've read a thread like yours before. Just my over all opinion from many years of detecting.

The reason it balances about 11 in wet sand is the salt in yhe moisture in the sand. Many places in fla have sand almost void of minerals, so there isnt anything (ground minerals) to balance to. Best bet is set it manually about 72 then hunt. One could expierment --bury a qtr at 8 in fiddle with gb and see what setting gets it best, but I think low 70 s will work very well. Try that and see.

I agree . Go detecting and have some fun . Unless the detector starts to smoke, no ploblem. I live in upstate New York and the ground is frozen and areas of snow. Now ploblem, detect detect detect !!

Ground balancing on the At can be tricky at times when it doesnt auto gtound balance. Just get an aproximate number and hunt. Good luck

Sometimes it is already balanced too. The video says to pump it 7 or 8 times, but this may not be enough. Wear headphones, pump it up and down until it goes completely quiet, or as close as possible to quiet as you can get it. If you think it needs more you can tweak it manually.

I ground balance mine every time I use it. Sometimes it doesn't make a noise, balanced. Sometimes it just needs a little, you can barely hear it.

i have tried to manually gb it and it wont gb , i tried setting gb number on 5 and 95 for starting points to auto gb and pump the coil as instructed by the video it still wont gb. but take it anywhere near the wet sand where theirs minerals it will gb.

I ran across this in my researching. Maybe it will be of some use for those in Florida.

"Just finished extensive beach hunting (several trips) with AT Pro. Again, some (somewhat) unexpected results.

DRY SAND: This is where some interesting/unexpected results came to light. First; steel bottle caps do sound somewhat good......yet, are still highly audibly discernable. It is in the preamble & postamble 'iron grunts' that give away these types of targets. The body of the audio may be a mid or high tone....... but...... once again..... the beginning and ending audio response is a highly distinct/differentiable (linear) dead-giveaway. Audible intelligibility is MUCH more important than what ever a VDI portrays.

Because dry quartz/silica Florida sand is exceptionally mineral-free (hardly 'trace' elements)........the unit was very difficult to ground balance. This is similar to attempting ground balance with/in free air. It's just not going to happen; a 'normal' expected resultant. The coil (and detector) were substantially less 'reactive' to this dry sand. Due to this mineral-free condition.....deeper targets were less likely to ID as 'iron' whilst lightly scrubbing the coil. It did still occur...... but to a measureably less extent."...

Happy hunting

Not sure what you mean. You manual balanced and then auto balanced? But it wouldn't balance? Set a number then try to auto and what happened? Did the number change or stay the same? If you set it to 50 and then auto balance did the 50 change to another number? In wet salt water sand the number should drop, to probably around 10 to 15. The farther from the water you go, the higher the number.

i manually set the gb number to 5 for a starting point to auto gb and the numbers do not change so i tried putting the manual setting to 95 did not gb it in manual setting just moved the number to 95 for a starting point to auto gb it and the numbers dont change, no humming noise nothing