Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ground balance difference ..US /International models?

vanner

On the forums here in Aus Im reading conflicting opinions on the ground balance between the two models.(US and international) Some say the ground balance is the same on both and others say that the International ground balance is tweeked for harsher Europeon and Aussie soils. So I e-mailed Garret and was told that there is no difference in the ground balance set up between the two models.Now when I posted this on the forum a dealer replied that there is a difference between the two.Confusing. Many detectors are calibrated specifically to handle our conditions.....which is it. Any-one able to clarify this. Cheers

Hi vanner

I will try to answer your question from what was told to me by a Garrett Tech when I was researching this myself. I can't think of his name off hand (sorry) but he stated the ground balance was the same, but the "Tones" are set-up differently with the International version (more Mid and High Tones) as well as the difference in Inches to Centimeters.

Their seems to be more tone range (Low, Medium, and High) with the AT Pro than the AT Pro International (If I understood him correctly). That's why I chose the AT Pro instead (personal Choice). I do know the AT Pro has a whole different (some what confusing) sound when it hits on the Canadian coins as to the US ones because of the metal make up of them. I get a lot of low tone grunts followed by a high or mid tone (depending on coin size) when I pass over them because of the iron content.

I'm sure others will chime in to help as well. This is what was stated to me, and maybe someone here could clarify this as I don't own the International version.

NC

Hello Manitobajay here from Canada

I have the Garrett AT Pro International and I can tell you that there isn't a difference in the Ground balance between the two units. With the international model there is less of Mid tone. The only differences is with the tones. Canadian clad is junk made of steel, please don't let your government allow your coins to be made of steel this I feel will devalue your currency. Our one and two dollar coins will be made of steel this year. To find a new Canadian dime it will read at around the 22 mark in the iron range. To find most new Canadian coins you have to dig bottle caps because the read the same or bounce all over the screen. Do you think Garrett going is going to make two different machines and sell the International machine in Canada right next door to the US where there ground conditions are very similar or even less mineralization? The tone difference is for the different metal content in European and Canada coins compared to the copper core (actual value) US coins.
I think I would actually prefer the US version because of the actual larger mid tone assignments since gold hits in different areas depending on the size of the gold item.

Thanks very much for clearing this up manitobajay.

I knew it had something to with tones. I was a bit off on that one vanner, sorry about that.:)

Canadian coins aren't the best made coins that's for sure. Dug a few coins up that were only 20 to 30 years old and rotted right out, a shame really. These coins I found like that, were near a water source (shoreline) with a high mineral content. dimes and quarters were the worst ones.

NC