Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balance in iron with a Tejon

Ground balance question for Tejon users. Is it possible to set the ground balance in a highly iron infested area? Getting ready to hunt a spot where clean ground is few and far between.

Hanoverdigging said:
Ground balance question for Tejon users. Is it possible to set the ground balance in a highly iron infested area? Getting ready to hunt a spot where clean ground is few and far between.

I've never found a site so cluttered that I couldn't ground balance the Tejon...or any other machine.
Just check in all-metal for a clean spot...doesn't have to be much bigger than the coil...then GB.

I wouldn't use the 'power balance' trick of subtracting a quarter or half turn of GB to the left (for more depth) when hunting in infested iron.
Unless you want to dig lots of rusty iron, that is...some relic hunters live for that occasional horse shoe, or tool.

If you truly have a spot that doesn't even have a 1 Sq. Ft. area to GB, then you might consider setting to a relatively neutral GB (mentioned in the manual as GB for air test).
That would be 4 turns to the right (thus assuring you've gone past the 3-3/4 turn maximum), then 1/2 turn to the left (counter clockwise).

Makes it similar to a fixed GB machine that way.
It won't be optimized for depth, but with that much iron, depth isn't your main concern...separation and masking is.

As low a Disc as you can handle, don't overdo the sens, go slow, listen carefully, and have fun...
mike

could always dig out the iron for enough room to get a balance on the ground has to be better than nothing , depends on the dirt too if its mild dirt then balance somewhere else as trojdor said.

AJ

Hanoverdigging said:

I'd think if it wasn't too far from home, balance it at home should be close.