Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balance offset question

DirtAngler

I've seen posts stating to pump the coil for ground balance and then offset it by 4 or 5 numbers. The problem is some say to do this with the plus keypad and some say with the negative keypad. I thought negative offset was supposed to help improve depth, so which is it?

For more depth and more finds both shallow and deep, I set the ground balance 5 numbers below the pumping ground balance and lock it there with manual ground balance.

I do exactly what Deusdigger does and it works well. In some spots it can get noisy doing this but this is what I do most of the time. -Marc

If you go below balanced level to get more depth, you can start detecting stones (high tone). Then just look at mineralisation bar - in case of stones it shows very high reading.

In regards to offsetting the ground balance, how much of a depth increase do you think you acquire?

Deusdigger said:
For more depth and more finds both shallow and deep, I set the ground balance 5 numbers below the pumping ground balance and lock it there with manual ground balance.

Good post here! I prefer the tracking myself for more stability.

( In regards to offsetting the ground balance, how much of a depth increase do you think you acquire? )

I hunt mostly high trash areas, I don

I have the feeling that tracking is rather slow in adjusting balance level. Always when I dig a hole, I put deus on site. If coil doesn't feel the ground, compensation is reset to default value (90). When restart swinging, on first few meters deus runs on that default value and can potentially lose some deep targets, especially when real ground balance point is much below 90. This is why prefer to run in manual mode.