Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance Quality 305 versus 505

Lem

Is there a significant difference in the quality or accuracy of the Ground Balancing between the 305 and 505?

Only in theory Lem, but not in practice.

The segmentation difference is very forgiving and will not make a show of any significance.

The 305 GB is factory preset, non adjustable. The 505 does have the manual/adjustable GB. Kind of hard to compare.Just buy the 705 and you get manual and auto GB!

Just quickly...

The 305's have a manual pre-set range of ground balance incretments of 0-20. The 505's have a manual pre-set range of ground balance incretments of 0-50.

ramairnut said:
The 305 GB is factory preset, non adjustable. The 505 does have the manual/adjustable GB. Kind of hard to compare.Just buy the 705 and you get manual and auto GB!
That is simply not correct. The 305 is manual adjustment only with a scale that runs 0-20, the 505 is manual only with an adjustment range of 0-50, and the 705 is manual/automatic with a range of 0-90. The maximum phase shift from 0-30 and 0-90 is the same, but the increments of change are finer with the 0-90 machine.

OOPS my bad, I apologize for the mis-information. Thinking of the X30:blush:

Old Longhair said:
ramairnut said:
That is simply not correct. The 305 is manual adjustment only with a scale that runs 0-20, the 505 is manual only with an adjustment range of 0-50, and the 705 is manual/automatic with a range of 0-90. The maximum phase shift from 0-30 and 0-90 is the same, but the increments of change are finer with the 0-90 machine.

Appreciate all the responses, I only ask as this is one unit that I am thinking of buying for my wife. She has no knowledge of
metal detecting, other that when it beeps you try to pinpoint and dig. Our soil here in the Republic of Panama is moderate to high
mineralization, some red clay, depending on where you go. The ground balance is important here.

I like the xterra as the graphic for pinpointing would make it easier for my wife, rather than by VCO, which she kind of does ok with on
my detector. So, this detector tops my list along with another brand. As for the 705 meets all the desires, but not in budget at this time.

AGAIN THANKS