Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance Question

Blink

I'm not new to metal detecting, I've had many different machines over the years. But I'm a little confused as to why my ground balance on my AT Pro is working the way it is.
When I first turn my machine on I set it to pro mode, zero mode and look for a piece of clean ground to ground balance on. Why is it if I auto GB and get say 75 and then I move to another clean spot and I get 80, then I move back to my original GB spot, shouldn't I get the 75 I started out with? The GB will be 80 at the original spot but it doesn't move back to the original 75. Is this normal ? I've never been concerned about it before but I'm wondering if there may be something wrong with my GB. I tried the same thing on another machine and it worked the way I thought it should. Maybe I'm doing something wrong !
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GB on my ATPro works a bit different than my other machines. If my auto GB is 90, I manual set it to 70. If my auto GB is between 50 and 70, I manual set it 10 to 15 below the auto setting. At the beach (salt water) I manual set the GB 4 to 6 below the auto setting. I get better depth with the manual setting. A person at Garrrett to me my ground to mild or neutral?